Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JoeT777 Posts: 1,248, Reputation: 44
    Ultra Member

Apr 29, 2009, 10:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by classyT View Post
    Cozyk,

It is unconditional unless you choose to die in your sins. THEN it is your choice. He gave his ONLY son. I have three myself. can't imagine given up ONE of them for people who say..."well, that's a nice jesture but I guess i will do it MY way". Personally if I were God I would be furious but He isn't. He will work with you until the day you draw your last breath to come to HIM...on HIS terms. His love is unconditional but HE gave you free will, HE won't force himself.

( hey Speech! missin all your wisdom over here) ;)
    Where does final judgment fall into this reflection? Why then does Paul say, “Who show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience bearing witness to them: and their thoughts between themselves accusing or also defending one another, In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ, according to my gospel.” (Romans 2:15-16). Is it the suggestion that that there is no consequence for our actions?

JoeT
    cozyk Posts: 802, Reputation: 125

Apr 29, 2009, 10:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeT777 View Post
    Where does final judgment fall into this reflection? Why then does Paul say, “Who show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience bearing witness to them: and their thoughts between themselves accusing or also defending one another, In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ, according to my gospel.” (Romans 2:15-16). Is it the suggestion that that there is no consequence for our actions?

JoeT
    Joe, could you please translate this for me. I've read it several times and it is just unconnected words to me.
    JoeT777 Posts: 1,248, Reputation: 44
    Ultra Member

Apr 29, 2009, 10:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cozyk View Post
    Joe, could you please translate this for me. I've read it several times and it is just unconnected words to me.

Translation:
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeT777 View Post
    Where does final judgment fall into this reflection?
    God tells us there will be a final judgment. Catholics hold that this will happen immediately after death. He will judge deeds as well as thoughts. 'T' implied that God loves us and because of this love he'll just 'overlook' judgment, i.e. no consequence for sin. My question to 'T' is how do we rectify this apparent contradiction.

JoeT
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Apr 29, 2009, 10:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cozyk View Post
    That makes no sense. That says you will go to hell under your own choosing but god will take you back into heaven when you decide hell is too much.
    Again complicating things, I don't think my kids can choose to come home after they're dead. But in the mean time there is a loving sanctuary waiting for them to come home to.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Apr 29, 2009, 10:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by classyT View Post
    ( hey Speech! missin all your wisdom over here) ;)
    How sweet, Tessy. If I ever find that wisdom you're referring to I might hang out here more ;)
    classyT Posts: 1,562, Reputation: 214
    Ultra Member

Apr 29, 2009, 11:06 AM

Joe,

Non Catholics believe the final Judgement takes place at the Great White Throne after the 1000 years of Christ reign on earth. The Lord will deal with everyone who rejected his Son at that time. As for me, my sins were place on Christ never to be remembered anymore... far as the East is from the west.

No Joe, let me make it clear, I do not believe that God will over look anything. I was saying that the LORD will work with the unbeliever until he draws his last breath. It is the Lords will that ALL be saved. But once you die without Christ, I believe the scripture teaches there is no hope and only judgement.
    cozyk Posts: 802, Reputation: 125

Apr 29, 2009, 11:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    Again complicating things, I don't think my kids can choose to come home after they're dead. But in the mean time there is a loving sanctuary waiting for them to come home to.
    You have changed the direction of my question.
    Pretend you are god.
    You have a child.
    He does not obey you.
    You punish him, not for a time but for eternity.

Now, you had warned this child, given him free will, hey, he had a choice so it's his own fault. So, since he did not obey your word, you will punish him in the most horrible way, and with no end. Eternity is a LONG time.

I don't believe in hell because no loving parent would let that happen to his child NO MATTER WHAT.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Ban on God's name! [ 27 Answers ]

Is it really true that the Catholic churches are now being instructed to ommit the divine name from all forms of service? If so, why? Does this also mean that any glass mossaics etc featuring YAHWEH will be replaced? Call me curious...

Conditional discharge [ 6 Answers ]

My friend got conditional discharge ,Will it remain on his record? He is a security guard will he be able to renew his license? Please reply soon.

Conditional love? Should I stay or go? [ 5 Answers ]

I have been with my boyfriend for a year and a half and we have had our ups and downs. I've been unhappy recently because I've noticed he doesn't make as much effort as he used to. He doesn't call anymore or email or anything else other than texting. All he does is text me a few times a day which...

God's stance [ 7 Answers ]

What does God say about love and relationships. Why does he allow people to get hurt and heartbroken,even if they pray about a particular relationship and/or love? Does God care about people being heartbroken at all? I'm really looking for some relief becaue I am really hurting behind this...

Conditional discharged [ 7 Answers ]

I have been conditionally discharged of a charge in canada will it stop me from entering the states via plane? I have met all conditions

View more questions Search