Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Jan 9, 2009, 05:48 PM
    2003 Ford Windstar - Road Noise
    Okay,

I have been away from the world of auto mechanics for many, many years.

I have a 2003 Ford Windstar van that the driver's side front tire was replaced because the tire that was mounted was losing air.

The replacement tire seems to be causing a loud roaring noise in the van's cabin as it picks up speed. Also, I can feel vibration through the steering column and onto the steering wheel.

Am I going nuts or can a tire actually do that? Normally, I would suspect the wheel bearing to be bad, but both front bearings were replaced a year ago.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Jan 9, 2009, 08:28 PM

Sounds to me like you got a bad tire, Don.
    Swap it to the other side and tell me if the noise changes with the move.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ford Windstar issue [ 8 Answers ]

I have a 99 Ford Windstar that is intermitently starting and not starting. I have had the starter and cylenoid checked, no issue. I have recently on Monday replaced the positive connector on the battery and it started after being jumped (which before it did not do) so I let it run to charge the...

Ford windstar trouble [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 2000 windstar with a few concerns. My back brake light gets stuck and stays on after I shut off the engine and have to play with the brake to unstuck the lights. Sometimes when I try locking the door the lock just pops back up when I close the door. And I noticed yesterday the...

'99 Ford Windstar Transmission Problems [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: Here's our situation: Our car is fine after the 20 mph mark if we're on a level road - it's great on the freeway. Below 20 mph, we have a hard time making turns, especially left turns. The only way to get going after stopping at an intersection is by putting the car in D2. If we're...

2000 Ford Windstar Van [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 2000 Ford Windstar van that will not start, I have tried jump starting it and it will still not start, it is dead. Could it be that the battery is dead?

View more questions Search