Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hbshaw Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2009, 07:53 AM

Thanks Scott. I am not at all familiar with nor sure about the inclinations of my insurance company, so I will not take a chance on "riling" them. This helps because it confirms my thought that I risk raising my rates while essentially paying for my repairs myself via my deductible. hbshaw
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 12, 2009, 08:02 AM
    Hello again, h:

"Riling" them ain't going to make any difference... If they KNOW about your claim, and if they want to raise your rates, they will. If it's Allstate, you can count on it.

You DO know, that they can raise your rates if your credit rating drops a few points, don't you? Even if it's a matter that has NOTHING to do with your car or insurance...

I HATE insurance company's!

excon
    hbshaw Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2009, 09:31 AM

Now that's even scarier than I thought. I do not like them either, but I guess insurance companies are a necessary evil. No wonder the most prominent buildings in the skylines of major cities bear the names of the big insurance companies.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 12, 2009, 10:02 AM

Since there was a police report, there is a good possibility they will find out about this accident anyway.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Collecting on a judgement! [ 26 Answers ]

I just won a judgement for $5,000 in a municipal court in Ohio, but everyone's telling me that's the easy part. Can please someone tell me how to collect my money from this individual? I can't garnish his wages because he's selfemployed ( he's got a little car-lot ). I don't know where he banks,...

What is the paperwork procedure on collecting a small claims judgement [ 5 Answers ]

I received a small claims judgement and have gotten it certified and am at the part where I have received a reply for garnishment from the debtors them[ployer. The court clerk said she cannot tell me what to do next. She did however say that the court has gotten what it needs from the employer and...

Collecting a judgement [ 2 Answers ]

How do I go about claiming my judgement money from a small claims case? It was filed against a small company in Florida not an individual. I live out of state from the defendant and I already know the guy is a dead beat because he has owed me the money for over a year. Are there companies that...

Collecting on a Small claims judgement in CT [ 5 Answers ]

Can I sell a small claims judgement to a collection agency?

Collecting a judgement [ 14 Answers ]

Won a judgement bk in oct 2004 and have not received any money from this person he owns a trailer park and in 2005 he let his friend be partner with him in the trailer park.I did a notice of writ which I took out in June of 2005 what that do I do not know.but that is what the courts told me to do I...

View more questions Search