Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kellygirl79 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2009, 04:48 PM
    Return of engagement ring in Florida
    What is the law in Florida on engagement ring return? Any current case law? I can only find Gill v. Shively 1975. Woman was made to return ring as he broke the engagement.

I have ex-fiance (who is married to someone else) suing me in civil court for return of ring from 3 years ago (which was sold before suit filed).

Any current case law known for Florida?
    kellygirl79 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2009, 04:52 PM

Mistake, he got ring back in Gill v. Shively because SHE broke engagement. My ex-fiance was cheating and broke our engagement and now (3 years later) wants ring back, which I no longer have. Can he win in court over the original cost of the ring?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 9, 2009, 08:51 PM
    Hi, kellygirl79!

If you made a mistake in a previous post, you do have a certain amount of time available that you can edit the post. I just wanted to let you know that. If it's too late to edit, then things will stand as they are.

I'm sure that someone will be along to address your question, it just takes some time and patience since everyone here volunteers their time to answer questions.

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Engagement ring return in TN [ 8 Answers ]

In the state of Tennessee, what is the general rule on returning an engagement ring? My fiancée called it off with me recently and it completely blind sided me. Never saw it coming. Together 4 years, engaged almost 2 of those years. What rights do I have to the ring. It seems he breached an...

Return Engagement ring [ 4 Answers ]

In the state of Virginia... is an engagement ring to be returned upon the couple not getting married? Very simple question. Thank you,

Does a woman in Virginia have to return her engagement ring. [ 8 Answers ]

That seems to depend -often on the Judge and how they interpret the situation Bankruptcy, Criminal Law, Family Law, Margaret Frankel, Alexandria, Virginia lawyers attorneys Engagement Ring Laws Your state I think follows the conditional rule. General rule is that an engagement ring is a...

Return Engagement Ring [ 9 Answers ]

Fiancée returned engagement ring after a small disagreement over lateness and leaving her in the car while shopping for fifteen minutes. She did not believe giving the ring back meant the end of engagement but I do. By the way she now regrets doing so and has apologized. Should she get it back...

What's the difference between a comitment ring and an engagement ring? [ 13 Answers ]

Can someone please help me here I was wondering what's the difference between a commitment ring and an engagement ring?

View more questions Search