Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aathomas Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2009, 12:23 PM
    Why am I dreaming about bugs?
    Hello! I am a 26 year old Army veteran living in Kansas with my wife and two kids. I will be separating from the military in early march. Ive been having this weird dream all my life about these weird bugs some huge some small. And I am always in some abonded house when I am surrounded by them. Any way I always freeze in place as I watch them crawl every where, at least a thousand of them. And then I froce myself to wake up. But today the dream I had was very weird similar but there had been some changes. It started with me seeing this girl and would ask her for her cell phone number every time I saw her she would just look at me and say nothing. The next day I came on rather strong and ask her for her number she grabbed her phone told me to hold on and called someone. Then she handed me the phone and surprise it was my wife. Crying and asking why and saying that she cares about me and to not do this again. To be honest I have cheated on my wife in the past but we worked it out because she blamed herself for it happening but it was me who committed adulty not her. But any way I tell her I love her and then I am back at our house and it's a mess filled with all these bugs and she's killing the little ones and when ever I see a big one I sqaush it. No one has ever been in this dream about bugs with me before until now. What do you think this dream could mean?
    :confused:
    hdh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2009, 02:07 PM

Heey don't worry maybe you have seen a movie or talked about a bug or maybe even though about it. Just try to think of a happy place when you go to sleep and hopefully you will not dream about it
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jan 11, 2009, 06:06 PM

It is probably something to do with not forgiving yourself, Bugs can mean irritations and obstacles or something wearing you down emotionally (such as not forgiving yourself). Something is bothering you—that is, \'bugging' you. This may be on an unconscious level, so watch for other signals in the dream,

I think the abandoned house has to do with your struggles and emotions.
    Say the house represents a person. You basically *abandoned* your wife's feelings to cheat and then you *abandoned* the girl you were cheating with.
    Alder Posts: 342, Reputation: 71

Jan 13, 2009, 09:57 PM

N0help takes a good approach to this. Your mind uses dreams to deal with stuff that is going on in your life, your universe. It does this with symbols. Some symbols are metaphoric, or even verbal, e.g. puns like something "bugging" you. Some are personal--maybe you were badly frightened by being in a place where there were insects when you were a child. Some are universal or mythic. A good way to find out a dream meaning is to just write down something in the dream, and then write down the first thing that pops into your mind when you think of that.

So you can certainly ask yourself if bugs bring up a particular memory for you or association. Are you bothered by insects more than most folks?

Here's some more general/archetypal things that pop up for me:

Beetles are associated with death, transformation, re-birth. (For example, Egyptian scarabs). They live in the dark cracks, the basement, the parts of yourself you are afraid to bring into the light (this also fits with the abandoned house--the things you don't want to admit are a part of yourself, the memories or personality traits you have abandoned). Insects deal with the dirt and crud and dead things we don't want to have to face. So on the one hand, that makes them creepy, but on the other, we need them. They serve a purpose in our world, cleaning up the messes, the unresolved pain and guilt and so forth. In myth, death and corruption is always the flipside of fertilization, transformation, and renewal.

Spiders in particular are more associated with the Crone aspect of the feminine, like the SW Native American "Spider Grandmother." They make the connections, weave the threads together. They are like the Fates, weaving the threads of time and destiny.

Ants in particular suggest one big thing that can be divided into many little things. When I think of "me" I might like to think of that selfhood as something unified and organized, but actually, there are many different bits and pieces of me, thoughts and feelings, sensations and memories, all running around like individual ants. Any insects can suggest our fear of breaking down, of not being fully in control of ourselves.

Anyway, the best way to do it is just to play with meanings like this, and stop when you feel something "click," when it has a ring of truth for you.

Blessings,
    WEsamloo Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2009, 08:15 AM

I had a dream last night about flying roach like bugs. The dream started with my neighbour pointing out some hornets flying in and out of an opening by the garage door. As I looked closer, I could see hundreds of what looked like huge flying roaches, only longer and they had attitude. They were flying around with determination in my garage. I was frantic thinking they would swarm the rest of my house. I'm quite sure my neighbour was in the dream because he was over chatting with me that night on the front yard, like we have done many times. What's even more interesting is that my sister had a dream about bugs the same night and I was in her dream. Any ideas?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Still Dreaming of Her [ 5 Answers ]

So I've been broken up for over 6 weeks and I am still having dreams about her all the time. Nothing bad, mostly they are about us hanging out, still broken up, and me trying to talk to her about it. Or we are hanging out having a good time, and then I say something like why aren't we together...

Not dreaming [ 5 Answers ]

g'day, OK my little question regards the fact that I don't think I am dreaming... for all I know I could be dreaming but I have absolutely no recollection of anything, as opposed to how I used to have a vague remembrance of dreams. I even have wet dreams (which used to wake me up) but I don't even...

Keep dreaming of ex. [ 5 Answers ]

My ex and I broke up about 2 weeks and a half ago, but I still dream of him almost every night. The dreams aren't random weird things. They're always about him and I being together like before and just hanging out enjoying each others company. Last night, he hugged me really tight and kissed me and...

Day bad dreaming [ 2 Answers ]

Sir, I will always be day dreaming for one or the other thing but mainly I will be dreaming that suppose if that happen or that happen I became a most richest person of the world... then I be thing and I marry to a girl which I saw in one movie I don't know what to do. More over whenever...

View more questions Search