Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    houstontexas Posts: 26, Reputation: 0

Jan 9, 2009, 09:20 AM
    Dreaming. What is the meaning.
    Sometimes I wake up and cannot move. It is almost as if I am paralyzed. I can not speak either. I read somewhere that this common and associated with dreaming. Does anyone know any knowledge of this that can help me...

Thanks! :confused:
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Jan 9, 2009, 09:37 AM

I wouldn't say it was common, but it's not exactly rare, we get many people coming to the board with this exact query.

Basically, your body often paralyses itself during sleep to prevent you doing injury to yourself during dreams, and sometimes you can wake up during this paralysis before your body has a chance to give control back to your muscles.

It's a physiological condition, follow this link for more information:

Sleep paralysis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Still Dreaming of Her [ 5 Answers ]

So I've been broken up for over 6 weeks and I am still having dreams about her all the time. Nothing bad, mostly they are about us hanging out, still broken up, and me trying to talk to her about it. Or we are hanging out having a good time, and then I say something like why aren't we together...

Not dreaming [ 5 Answers ]

g'day, OK my little question regards the fact that I don't think I am dreaming... for all I know I could be dreaming but I have absolutely no recollection of anything, as opposed to how I used to have a vague remembrance of dreams. I even have wet dreams (which used to wake me up) but I don't even...

Bad Dreaming [ 7 Answers ]

How to you change what you dream? For the past 2 months I have been dreaming of scary things, such as me being killed in many ways. I wake up at least 4 times a night sweating and breathing really really hard. The dreams seem stupid when I think about them, but when you believe your living them it...

Day bad dreaming [ 2 Answers ]

Sir, I will always be day dreaming for one or the other thing but mainly I will be dreaming that suppose if that happen or that happen I became a most richest person of the world... then I be thing and I marry to a girl which I saw in one movie I don't know what to do. More over whenever...

Dreaming [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Can any psychics here offer dream interpretation? I've been getting loads of vivid and mixed dreams and I'd love some help figuring out what messages, if any, are trying to be communicated. Thanks heaps

View more questions Search