Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    faylvn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2009, 08:42 AM
    6 year old with caps
    I am a school nurse and have "pulled" many teeth over the last 6 years. However today I was contacted about a parents concerns over pulling a child's tooth that had a cap on it. I had removed a loose tooth which had a cap yesterday for their daughter, and they were concerned about it. They had been told the dentist had to pull them. I have never heard of this before-can anyone give input? Nurse Peggy
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Jan 9, 2009, 01:43 PM

Hi Peggy,
    I have no idea why the dentist would have to remove the tooth unless he plans on reusing the crown (a little disgusting if you ask me). As long at there was no root left in the gum after removing the tooth I don't see a problem. I'm sure the root was resorbed or it wouldn't have come out so easy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mpg-caps [ 16 Answers ]

Has anyone ever heard of MPG-caps and do they work?

Caps or Dentures? [ 2 Answers ]

I am a 60 year old female who has had dental problems, crowns, root canal therapy, etc. all of my life. My dentist told me at my last visit that I need 4 crowns replaced. I'm really tired of spending this much money, which by the way I don't have, and I am considering dentures. What would you...

Valve caps [ 6 Answers ]

I have a very old outside unit that one HVAC company told me had multiple leaks on (Electric Heat Pump system). I am running on emergency heat until my warranty company could send someone out to see if they find leaks as well and see if I can get the repair covered (was given a price of $9,000 for...

Cleanout caps [ 8 Answers ]

Testing the plumbing drain system and cleanout caps are weeping a little bit, filled the roof stack with water. I used teflon paste type sealant to seal all the caps but they are still weeping. Any suggestions? Also, I have a fitting leaking a bit... maybe 20-30 drips a minute. Do you have to...

Heating end caps [ 1 Answers ]

I have an older home and I am desperate to find end caps for the heating units that are missing. The heating elements and covers were made apparently in 1959 by Spring and Buckley. Any ideas where I might find old parts? I need the end caps to cover the exposed areas of the plumbing. I live in...

View more questions Search