Ask
    Nitin Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2004, 12:49 PM
    Shaving advice
    Hi I am 21 yrs of age and need some tips on shaving , I started
    Shaving about 2 yrs agp and currently I shave twice a week ,

I wanted to ask that is it better to use shaving cream or shaving gel,
    Since I shave twice a week , few milimeters
    Of hair are grown when I start to shave , hence I need proper advice..
    I've been neglecting this problem but after I noticed that my stubble was
    Becoming hard , I am worried
    What is the cause of people having green beards?? How can it be delayed/avoided ?
    Also can you advice me regading the type of razor ,
    The one with the fixed head or with the pivoted head...

Provide general tips also..
    Thanks
    Nitin
    Mumbai
    desii Posts: 57, Reputation: 2

Apr 3, 2004, 03:38 PM
    Re: shaving advice
    Wow I have to admit I am surprised that you started when your 21... I'm only 14 and I started to shave last yr... there is a myth that " the more u shave the faster and thicker the hair comes back" I kind of believe that is true. But I know that if you shave once a week or 2 twice you will end up shaving more often... I hope your not intimidated taking advice from a kid.
    Try using after shave, use a good razor. I currently use the shick quatro.. it has FOUR bladez and give a VERy klose cut. I use shaving GEL rather than shavin CREAM just because I think it feels better and provides a closer shave. My razor has a rotating head. That's better because it movees to fit your face... fixed head is usually for other parts of the both ;) also keep your razor clean and shave with grain on the face going down and shave against grain going up on your neck or chin. I hope this helps you out. You can rply if you need more help bye
    GlacialDragon Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2005, 03:17 PM
    Thanks for the advice, I am 17 and started to shave a few months ago, and didn't know about going against the grain on neck and chin, and was wondering why I never got a very close shave there.
    CroCivic91 Posts: 729, Reputation: 23

Jun 12, 2005, 12:09 AM
    Well, I'll just give you my input on this. I started shaving maybe some 5-6 years ago (I'm 21 now) and from the very beginning I'm using Gillette Mach 3 razor... it has 3 razors and a movable head. I love it... not even once did I cut myself and I get a very close shave. I'm using some kind of Gillette shaving cream (menthol-enhanced or something) too. I just let the cream sit on the face for 30-60 seconds before I start, and everything goes down very easy. The "trick" with going against the grain is just a standard procedure... I shave everything going down the grain first, and then everything going against.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Jun 12, 2005, 04:02 AM
    Shaving
    Hi,
    At 63 yrs old, shaving has been a lifetime!
    Use a razor that you like, may have to try many brands; whatever feels comfortable to you personally. I like the disposable Gillett Good News, no swivel head.
    As others say, shave "with" the grain, then shave "against" it; that forces the hair up and into the blades to be cut off.
    As for shaving creams/jels, I have never cared for them; use plain ole hand soap, Dove for sensitive skin.
    Also, when your hairs become thick and hard, always put hot water on your face and under your chin first, cause that softens the beard; causing more close shaving, easier to cut, and save wear on the blades, lasting longer.
    Best wishes,
    fredg
    trim Posts: 23, Reputation: 0

Aug 29, 2005, 10:18 AM
    Shaving
    Hi I'm 15 an the only reason I registerd on to this was because I was looking at how people shaved der pubic hair because for the past year I have bin triming my pubic rejoin an shaving my balls but I'm really thinking of shaving it all but I'm waiting for my girlfriend to give the thumbs up an thanks for all the tips
    :)
    thomas2000 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2005, 08:50 AM
    Shaving Face
    First of all every guy thinks that just because their father did not have to shave a lot when he was young . That they will not either well that is not the case at all.I started shaving at 13 and well,luckily since the first time I started shaving I Have always tried to use razors with four blades they always work the best. But more than four and you are pushing it too much. If you have money to buy the good stuff than you can get these razors that have aloe vera around the blades so if your face gets those little invisible cuts then there is no pain when you are done and you put that achohol filled cologne or aftershave on. Or if you don't want to try that then just use the aloe era shaving gel it works just as good with any blade.
    Bye Thomas2000
    Shidoshi Posts: 71, Reputation: 4

Sep 29, 2005, 10:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitin
    hi i am 21 yrs of age and need some tips on shaving , i started
    shaving about 2 yrs agp and currently i shave twice a week
    I think that twice a week is a littble bit too much. Anyway, its all in the razor. Use a very good and branded razor. Don't forget to put some aftershave after you finish. I know you won't like it but it helps a lot, believe me.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shaving a cat [ 11 Answers ]

We get our cat shaved a couple time's a year.I would like to try shaving him myself.We take him to get him shaved and I have never seen him being shaved.He is a really mellow cat so I am pretty sure he should not be to big of a problem to shave. It is kind of a hassle to take him to get it done...

Shaving advice [ 2 Answers ]

Hy! I'm almost 17 years old... I began shaving about 2 years ago. My main problem is that I have short, soft hairs on my face, from very close to my nose to around the area underneath my eyes... My question is if I have to shave those hairs too or what?. I haven't heard of anyone shaving that...

About shaving [ 1 Answers ]

Hey, l want to get thicker beard. But should l shave everyday with blade? And also how many months should l shave and stop and let the beard grow?

Shaving tip [ 1 Answers ]

Hey, l have advised that shaving will help hair to grow more, and l want to get a goatee. L am struggling to get rid of the hair on the side of the mouth which makes a line coming down to make a proper goatee. So can you advise me on how to shave it off proper with blade? Also how many months...

Shaving blues! [ 2 Answers ]

Hello all, Came across this site so I thought I'd get my oar in on the action. Why is shaving is such a friggin' nightmare?? Most people seem to get away with no problems, but me... OK, here's my issue. I'm in my third year of uni, and up till now, have been able to be quite lazy when it...

View more questions Search