Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    12396 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2009, 06:26 PM
    My Stove won't work!
    I was just about to put some potatoes in the oven... I had already turned on the oven to preheat it about 15-20 minutes ago. When I opened up the oven, none of the heating bars were on. Both the clock and the stovetop work, but the oven won't work... what do I do? I have already unplugged it, waited a few minutes, and plugged it back in again... but it still didn't work. Something that might relate to the problem, is: the night before, we had somewhat of a power outage. The power did not go all the way off, it just lessened quite a bit. We tried to unplug everything in sight, but we forgot about the oven. We also have a refrigerator, which we did not unplug either, but the fridge still works... please help me figure out what to do.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 9, 2009, 12:27 AM
    You will need someone to check to be sure you still have 240 volts at the panel. After that you will have to track down the wiring in the stove for the oven section.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Thermostat will not work with pellet stove. [ 2 Answers ]

Have new breckwell pellet stove, have tried different thermostats with it, none of them will work with stove.is there a special thermostat I should be using.

England Stove Works pellet stove blower speed [ 1 Answers ]

Greetings, I have an England Stove Works 25-PDVC/55-SHP10 pellet stove. We've had it for almost four years with no problems. I clean it out and grease the augers every fall before running it for the winter season. It has recently started having a problem with the blower speed. We start it...

Frigidaire electric stove model cfef357cs2 elements in oven will not work [ 2 Answers ]

Fridigidaire stove digital panel elements in oven will not come on the elements themselves are fine

England Stove Works pellet stove [ 0 Answers ]

I was wondering if anyone had a problem with their blower fan making a "whaling" sound? If so, what did you do? Model #25-PDVC/55-SHP10 Also, did you ever have a build up of unburned pellets? I have heard that this could be the result of type of pellets used. Hardwood vs. hardwood blend

View more questions Search