Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bigred575 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2009, 05:55 PM
    About a joint account with my dad and scocial security
    If I wanted to be on my dads checking account and he is applying for social security and I deposit my money into the account I have that is in his and my name, would it effect him getting social security?

Would there big more of a bigger chance of them denying it?

He claims and income but would mine affect it?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jan 9, 2009, 12:14 PM

It would not affect his rights for social security payments, assuming you are talking about retirement or disability payments. However, think carefully before doing this. If you co-mingle your assets then there is a risk that if one of you defaults on a loan or is sued for back taxes, etc the other's money is at risk of being garnished.

What isyour reason for wanting to mingle assets?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Levy on joint account [ 4 Answers ]

I just found out that a 1999 debt has been placed in court and they have put a levy on my joint account with my boyfriend, all the money in the bank is his from his direct deposit pay checks, none of which is mine. How do I get them to not take his money that I owe. I live in nj is there a statue...

Joint bank account? [ 2 Answers ]

I will be moving to florida soon, I plan to open up a bank account. Question is, my father will be moving down also, but for the mean time i was wondering is there any way i can have a joined state-to-state back account with him, or is there some way i can put money in, and he can fully access the...

Joint account [ 3 Answers ]

If I have a joint account and the other person dies Can the account be frozen?

Bank Account Levy, joint account [ 1 Answers ]

Today, a levy was placed on the joint account of myself and my wife, for a debt she had from a credit card company. Once I found out, I called her and had her call the lawyer, who then told her to dispute it, she would have to send a certified letter to the court, as well as the plaintiff, as to...

Joint account with husband social security+salary deposit of both [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I would appreciate anybody's help on my question. I recently started working as a consultant.My husband has an account and we are planning to make it joint account and we both can deposit our salary's in it.The account is in my husband social security no. My question is once it get joint...

View more questions Search