Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ucinc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2006, 07:22 AM
    Delta Shower Water control
    I just had a new shower installed. It uses Delta rotary control from cold to hot.. Leaving it on HOT does not give burning HOT water.. Is thare some kind of a lock that limits how much hot water is supplied to the shower?

My other shower(old) gives burning hot water in the HOT position - this is also a Delta control (10 years old)

Thanks
    pinkpanthernot Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Jul 25, 2006, 03:50 AM
    Many new shower valves have an adjustable safety mechanism that prevents hot water burns. The valve can be removed and adjusted to allow more hot water flow, then replaced. If you don't feel comfortable doing this, contact your installer-he should have consulted with you on your preferences and should adjust the valve at no charge.
    captron Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2006, 08:15 AM
    All you need to do is remove the handle (if it is the chrome handle type- just loosen the small allen setscrew on the side) and get to a plastic sleeve. The sleeve has gradient lines on it that references how far it allows the handle to travel. This sleeve has stops on the outer radius and limits the travel of the handle and thus the water temperature. All you need to do is remove the sleeve, reposition a few notches, the put the handle back on and turn on the water. Make the adjustments until the hot water that comes out at full hot is the temperature you are safe and comfortable with. Be careful though when making the adjustment, as the water may become very hot.

Post back here if you have any more questions as well as the results.

Hope this helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No hot water in shower but plenty of hot water at sink! [ 14 Answers ]

undefinedundefined Two days ago, both of the showers in my home stop having hot water. I have very hot water in the sinks in the bathrooms. The shower doesn't get but lukewarm. One showe in the spin dial to adjust the temp and turn on the shower. The other is a spin dial for temp and has a facet...

Changing furnace fan speed to change delta [ 7 Answers ]

I have a 12 year old Goodman furnace. About 3 years ago, I asked a service tech if there was anything that can be done to get warmer air out of the registers. He said he slowed the blower speed to get a higher temperature rise. I had the ductwork replaced and it is smaller than the original...

No Hot Water to shower head, but Hot water to the Tub? [ 2 Answers ]

My husband and I just purchased a new house. We have found that the shower pressure in the bathroom is wonderful however once you have set the right temp from the tub spout and switch over to the shower no hot water makes it to the shower head. We can only turn off the cold water completely in...

Hot water in the shower until shower head installed [ 6 Answers ]

I have hot water in all my other faucets/showers. I also have hot water at the particular shower with the problem as long as a shower head is not installed. When I install the shower head, the water is lukewarm. Any ideas for the source of the problem, and how to fix?

Epsilon delta proofs [ 2 Answers ]

Could someone prove the following: Lim * * x^3=8 X->2

View more questions Search