Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2006, 02:46 AM
    Help me??
    Hi,
    I'm Than Htike Aung from Myanmar, one of the third countries in South East Asia. I am 27 and I was an English teacher.Now I want to change my life carrer .I have a burning besire to work in Canada or other countries in Europe . I have completed the B.B.A .I wish to work in Canada or other countries in Europe. Please help me.
    Thomas1970 Posts: 856, Reputation: 131

Jul 24, 2006, 03:34 AM
    Hi Than,
    Welcome to AMHD. I am familiar with the location of your country. Formerly called Burma, correct? I believe all you would need to teach here in the U.S. is a Work Visa, and proof of college credentials. I don't believe you would be required to attain citizenship in order to be employed in a teaching position. With a Batchelor's degree, you might have some difficulty getting employed at a four-year college or university, but this would almost certainly be enough to find work teaching in a community (two-year) college. You could likely as well teach in public schools, or many other places. I assume much the same would apply for Canada, though there are people here who would likely know far better. As for Europe, I really can't be of any help there.
    Anyhow, we're glad to have you. I hope you enjoy your time on this site. :)
    starryeyed Posts: 49, Reputation: 6

Sep 8, 2006, 11:50 AM
    You could apply for a skilled migrant or working holiday visa in Australia... I think Canada has something similar... Only, I'm not sure that English Teacher is a profession that's in demand... Maybe you can draw on other experience you've had with your BBA? Check out http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/index.htm for the Australian info.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search