Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Green Elephant Posts: 106, Reputation: 8

Jan 8, 2009, 12:37 PM
    Acting statistics
    How many people pursue a career in acting? And what are the statistics of becoming a successful actor?
    Gernald Posts: 901, Reputation: 93
    Expert

Jan 8, 2009, 12:55 PM

Please don't be mad at my answer, my drama teacher tells all of his classes this and I couldn't find exact stats but I have a feeling my teacher was right.

If you want to be successful as in Brad Pitt, Hugh Laurie, Kate Hudson famous? Your chances are slim... you may have a better chance of being struck by lightning.

But, successful as in you have food and can get jobs, you have a much better chance of that.

I found a website that has some statistics stuff that may help you out some: Actors, Producers, and Directors

Don't get me wrong you can do whatever you want as long as you put your mind to it. Good luck with everything!
    topladyj Posts: 323, Reputation: 13

Jan 8, 2009, 01:45 PM

Gosh I wish we could all be famous cause I got some acting skills, singing and guitar on my side... lol Darn Angelina!
    Gernald Posts: 901, Reputation: 93
    Expert

Jan 9, 2009, 09:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by topladyj View Post
    Gosh I wish we could all be famous cause I got some acting skills, singing and guitar on my side...lol Darn Angelina!
    Well it never hurts to try :D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Cat acting Very Odd! HELP [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, I have a male (leo) cat I have had since a kitten, he’s always been a little odd, he is quarter Burmese, but lately he has been running around the house like a mad thing, jumping up on furniture and suddenly freaking and dashing about like a crazed animal. How ever when I pick him up he calms...

Why am I acting like this? [ 7 Answers ]

Ok so me and my girlfriend moved to another city on the other side of the country, She has one friend here and I have a bunch from previous cities. Since being here I have slowly became a . My girl friend is a sweet heart, she's really trust worthy and honest. When hangin out with my friends I...

Getting Into Acting [ 3 Answers ]

I am wanting to get into acting (like movies and Tv) How do I go about this?

My dog is not acting the same [ 3 Answers ]

This morning my dog was acting extremely weird. He won't speak or eat his treats or food. He's walking around w/ his tail tucked & isn't doing anything. He is a 7 year old shi-tzu. He hasn't drank any of his water and his stomach has been making these INSANILY loud gargling noises. He is acting...

Why is he acting like this? [ 1 Answers ]

One night this guy and I flirted while tipsy. I happen to have a huge crush on him and have trouble acting like myself around him. Hes never had a girlfriend or kissed a girl. He did flirt with me and our friends encouraged it, and some people (including ones who didn’t know about my crush) said I...

View more questions Search