Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chichiwawa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2009, 12:03 AM
    Problem with distemper shot

My dog just got his distemper shot, about 5 hours later he is acting like he is on something. He's flying around the room with his touge out panting, rubbing his face. His face did swell up but looks better. Last year he had received the same shot and had somewhat of the same reactions. He has thrown up twice. Should I take him to the emergency room, or could I wait till morning?
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jan 8, 2009, 01:20 AM

He is quite likely having an allergic or adverse reaction to the shot. Call your emerg vet asap! These are danger signs!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Reaction to distemper shot [ 3 Answers ]

What are the reactions for dogs from the distemper shot. I have a 11 week old Toy Fox Terrier.

Parvo/Distemper Shot Reaction in Pup [ 15 Answers ]

Okay so here's the story... I found a very young, stray pup at our house this morning which looked to be a great pyrenees mix of some sort. I noticed that she had tapeworms so I decided to take her to the vet to be de-wormed and have her first set of parvo/distemper shots(don't want her to have to...

My dog in lithargic after her distemper shot [ 1 Answers ]

My 6 month old cockerspaniel has just had her distemper shot 3 days ago. She is acting very lethargic lately. Is this normal?

Distemper shot [ 4 Answers ]

My dog recently received her distemper booster shot. She is 9 years old. She is now experiencing fluid in her abdomen/chest and is on vasculitis meds, antibiotics and has had her abdomen drained twice. Her symptoms of difficulty breathing began 1 week after her shot. Is there any chance they...

Distemper [ 5 Answers ]

What else should I do with a puppy that was diagnosed with distemper (I found it in the streets) went to the vet. And he gave it the shots but all of the sudden this puppy had diarrhea and difficulty standing up straight I went again to the Vet. And was diagnosed with distemper. Is she going to...

View more questions Search