Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SuzyQz424 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2006, 04:07 PM
    Sprayer won't shut off
    I have a kitchen sink sprayer that will not shut off no matter what I do. I've been having problems with it for awhile, every time I would put it on it would take me a while to get it off but now it won't shut off at all! Please help. Thanks!
    shunned Posts: 268, Reputation: 20

Jul 24, 2006, 02:07 AM
    Sounds like your diverter valve is bad. You have to shut off the water for this repair. What kind of faucet do you have? Can you provide a picture?
    Thomas1970 Posts: 856, Reputation: 131

Jul 24, 2006, 02:17 AM
    Do you mean when you squeeze the handle on the sprayer to activate it, it gets stuck in the open position? I had something like this on the kitchen faucet growing up, and it often got stuck, probably due to soap residue. Otherwise, it is probably as Shunned indicated.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Smelly sink sprayer [ 3 Answers ]

When I first start using the sink sprayer, it emits a foul, rotten egg like smell for about the first 10-15 seconds. The house is less than 3 years old. We are the only owners. When I let up off the sprayer, there is no "kickback" like I have experienced with other sprayers. Any ideas? Thanks,...

Disassembling sprayer arm from dishwasher [ 2 Answers ]

I've successfully detached the sprayer arm from the "hub" that it was attachd to. How can I disassemble the rest of it? I've got gunk clogging the holes of the sprayer arm, so want to get it out of there to take it apart and clean it out. Further, I'd like to check everything under the hub...

Sink Sprayer Help [ 1 Answers ]

Ok here's my problem about 6 months ago my sprayer broke on my kitchen sink and I just got aroudn to replace it. Before it broke I had no problems whatsoever with it. Now I installed a new sprayer head and the problem started immediately. What happens is the water runs fine out of the faucet but as...

No water except when using the sprayer [ 2 Answers ]

Last night when I came home, my daughter took me to the kitchen. I have a glacier bay faucet. When I turned on the water nothing came out, but when I used the sprayer I had water come out of the sprayer. This morning when I use the sprayer I have water coming out of the faucet and the sprayer. ...

New sprayer leaks [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, my husband just installed a new price fister faucet and sprayer. When the water is running from the faucet the sprayer leaks. Pressure seems fine in faucet and sprayer sprays fine but won't stop leaking unless you just let it hang in the sink then it stops... What should we look for? Thanks...

View more questions Search