Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tony Pruitt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2009, 04:42 PM
    Checking account Garnishment
    I just had my checking account Garnish. I had $4700 hundred dollars in the account. I owe this loan company s10,000 dollar's. Will they take it all or will they eventually let me get some money out. My card would not work today. The company beneficial wanted $368 a bi-weekly original. Icould not pay that amount without going through Hardship. My Bank is Wachovia in Clayton County Ga.
    slowandeasy Posts: 353, Reputation: 14

Jan 7, 2009, 05:04 PM

Hello Tony

First in order for your checking account to be garnished, there had to be a judgement obtained from the court Did you receive any thing with a court date? If you did and you ignored it then
    What happened was that creditor got a default judgement which basically allows them to collect through garnishments, etc If your state allows wage garnishement then that could happen to
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 7, 2009, 05:08 PM

As noted, they had to obtain a judgement first. Assuming the judgement was properly obtained, kiss that money goodbye.

If you were not aware of the judgement, then you may have some recourse.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Checking Account Garnishment Law MO. [ 5 Answers ]

I have a single checking account that's is being garnished. 1. No notification that the garnishment was taking place or in affect. 2. My work requires direct deposit. 3. Every dime I make is gone the moment it is deposited. 4. I went to court about a year ago and signed saying I agreed...

Checking account garnishment [ 3 Answers ]

I was recently surprised by having my checking account garnished because of an old debt that my husband owed. This debt was created before we were married. Do I have any rights in this regard?

Checking account garnishment [ 2 Answers ]

A creditor issued a garnishment on my checking account for $1600.00 on 10/22/07. They deducted $213.00 at that time. Should I close the account? Can they take every deposit I make in that account or are they limited to a certain amount each week, each month? Dibabe

Creditor took garnishment from my checking account [ 5 Answers ]

I just got paid on Friday and put 1600 on my checking account. When I tried to use it, my card got declined. I call the bank and found out that Capital one put 1600 of my money on hold due to unpaid credit card debts. If I can remember correctly, my credit account limit from Capital one was...

Garnishment of tx checking account [ 1 Answers ]

Can my checking account be garnished by a creditor with a judgement against me?

View more questions Search