Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nav Posts: 50, Reputation: 3

Jul 23, 2006, 01:46 PM
    Buying new monitor
    I'm looking to buy a new PC monitor which I want to use mainly for games and videos, I've checked all over but can't seem to find a decent one. I'm looking for a 20" widescreen lcd with a prefforable resolution of around 1600 1200, anyone knowledged on monitors please help as I am not. Thank you
    Jonegy Posts: 166, Reputation: 37

Jul 23, 2006, 03:20 PM
    Hi there Nav

You don't say which side of the pond you are on so price wise I can't be sure.

In the UK I have seen 19" TFT's on Line for betweem £120 and £150 - you pays the money so you make the choice.............However....

............... TFT's are becoming so common these days that if you look in the classified section of your local newspaper you should pick up a bargain for less than £40 ( abt US$ 60 ).

With computers, the thing to remember is that there are people out there who "must have the latest" ( they're the same with cars).

Oh, BTW, I bought my 17" TFT for £20 from the classifieds 2 monthes ago and she is running a treat. ;) - but watch it running before you buy!!
    Tommyp!972 Posts: 300, Reputation: 36

Jul 23, 2006, 07:09 PM
    http://www.extremetech.com/article2/...1945228,00.asp
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2006, 12:45 AM
    If it's games and videos, try looking at some of the widescreen TFT monitors (Tommy linked to one). These can give you a bit of an extra advantage is certain games as it will allow you to see more of the playing area on the screen at once. Obviously they are better for watching videos too as the ratios will be similar.

Give us an idea of price and we can all throw back more suggestions.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Monitor colors faded (Monitor color problem) [ 5 Answers ]

I have an envision flat screen monitor and the issue is I had a worm on my computer so I had to reboot it.When the startup came up the colors were faded in a blueish light hue . I updated the drives but still nothing worked. I don't know if it's the monitor or vga cable or just the video card in...

Need help - buying a snowboard... [ 1 Answers ]

I want to buy a snowboard and want to know what size should I get. I am 6.1" I am tired of paying 40+ bucks for the rental... Or is it my personal preference? Thanks :)

Buying which computer [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I need a PC suitable to my study.There are subjects such as data structure,operation system,windows programming,artificial intelligence,etc.Cost is from $450 to $600.How should I choose components of my new computer?256MB or just 128MB Ram?DDRam or SDRam?Which CPU processor(how much GHz)?And...

Buying a computer! [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Guys! Please recommend some Laptops or PC's for me. The Specifications are... * More Than 256MB of Ram * 3D Graphics Card (or the comp musty be able to get one put in) * 1000Mhz * More than 2.5Ghz * Total Price Thanks! Conrad

Buying a puppy [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I'm a college student and I'm moving out to stay in a dorm next month. But I'm scared to live alone and I was thinking of getting a puppy. I'm a dog lover and I always wanted a dog of my own. My boyfriend promised to buy me a Chihuahua puppy for Christmas. But I'm worried that when I...

View more questions Search