Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    britbiker Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2009, 03:35 PM
    Oil Burner Beckett AFG - shuts down after 25 secs
    Oil heat not running this morning. Cleaned nozzle. While burner was out of furnace I installed the new motor which I had ordered a month ago - the original had noisy bearings. Re-assembled everything and ran furnace. Lights up immediately, runs for 25 secs and then flame goes out. Motor runs until control unit trips out. Bled air from pump and changed cad cell. No difference.:(
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 7, 2009, 04:14 PM
    You never clean a standard oil nozzle always replace since they are precission devices.

Your unit sounds like it is tripping on the safety control. If the oil flame is being seen correctly IE the cad cell flame detector is working correctly and the flame is being seen then the unit should be running. You might try to put the old cad cell detector back in to see if it works.

If there is good flame,the cad cell is working,and you did not disturb or change any of the wiring the unit should work.
    royboy74 Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2009, 08:53 PM
    With a muli-meter check your ohms must be below 1500 and stay there it is better if they are below a 1000 put your test lead to f f on the primary and see what you find out.
    vtcountryguy Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2009, 09:26 PM

Check to make sure that the fire chamber is clean so that the exhaust can go up the chimney. Another thing could be that the eye is dirty or not pointed correctly. Hard to tell without seeing in person.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Beckett AFG Oil Burner [ 9 Answers ]

Before I call a repair man would anyone here have an answer to why my oil burner will not kick on? Because of the cost of oil and the summer months offering some relief from the expense I decided to switch off the emergency switch so my expense on heating the hot water would be limited. For 2 days...

Priming a beckett oil burner [ 1 Answers ]

How do you Prime a beckett oil burner?

Beckett oil burner-forced hot air [ 1 Answers ]

My furnace doesn't start up when the temperature drops. It restarts when Iuse the reset button. What do you think the problem is?

Beckett Oil Burner AFG [ 8 Answers ]

The Beckett AFG caused some trouble this year when my grandchildren accidentally turned off the EMERGENCY OIL Burner switch at the top of the stair case.. For some reason it caused water to spray out flooding the floor. I'd like to know how this could be prevented? I was told by the repair man the...

View more questions Search