Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Crybaby9112001 Posts: 83, Reputation: 4

Jul 23, 2006, 01:16 PM
    Healthy baby meals?
    My son is very under weight for 15month year old, the things that I've tried are not working. Does any one know of a good breakfast, luch, and dinner for his age? Excluding Baby food products(gerber,baby cereal)
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 23, 2006, 07:16 PM
    Let me know what you tried first, then we can go from there.
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Nov 6, 2006, 08:47 AM
    :p
    Quote Originally Posted by Crybaby9112001
    My son is very under weight for 15month year old, the things that ive tried are not working. Does any one know of a good breakfast, luch, and dinner for his age? Excluding Baby food products(gerber,baby cereal)
    Breakfast:Baby omelet; 2 egg yolks, milk or formula, puréed chunky veggies, cheese--prepare skillet buttered, scramble eggs, milk in bowl. Pour egg mix in pan scramble until almost cooked and add veggies utilk mix not runny. Add small bits of cheese, scramble until cheese melts, serve with fruit slices, diced.

Chicken & Peach; 1/2 c cooked chicken, chopped; 1/4 c cooked brown rice, 1 ripe peach, 1 tb peach juice ( white grape or apple juice can be used); 1 tb milk, 2 ts wheat germ---mix all ingred. Together, transfer to blender/food processor and chop to make right texture for baby's age.

Baked apple cereal; Peel, core and cut a small apple into dices, place in pan with 1/4 c ground oats and 3/4 c water. Bring mix to slow boil, simmer covered, until apples soft and oatmeal cooked. Be sure to stir and mask while cooking. Mix in milk or juice to thin if needed, sprinkle some cinnamon in ceral if you want.:rolleyes:
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Nov 16, 2006, 03:34 PM
    To follow up, how is your son doing now? Has he gained weight? You stated that nothing you tried seemed to work. That lead me to think that there may be some underlying condition. Has he been tested for food allergies/sensitivities? Did your doctor ever discuss the possibility of Celiac Disease?

Please post and let us know. Sincerely hope all has turned out well.
    Crybaby9112001 Posts: 83, Reputation: 4

Apr 7, 2007, 09:30 PM
    Well I started cooking (a little) but my son still won't eat... He is 2 years old now and he weighs 21 pounds. The doctors say that as long as he is happy then I shouldn't worry... I've taken him to 4 doctors now and they all say the same thing. I don't worry as much any more but I do worry sometimes because it is ovious he is not healthy. Sometimes when he goes 2 to 3 days without eating his eyes get red undernieth and he looks so weak, he still acts happy but it worrys me. He still wears 1 year old cloths... the doctor says if he continues to stay at the rate he is growing then they are going to give him hormone medicine so he can start growing... but they are not talking about his height they are talking about his weight... it gets me mad cause they are ignoring the real problem and trying to call it something else.
    Thank you for asking Shygrneyzs, it felt good to get that off my chest

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Healthy diet [ 1 Answers ]

Hello,it had been great pleasure for me to get quick response from all of u.thank u.as I'm 5ft8inch and I weigh 52 kg so I like thin I want to increase My muscles fast as quick as can so tell me nice diest which increase muscles and testosterone.

Is this healthy? [ 4 Answers ]

My wife and I, (we're both women) met this other female couple 11 months ago. Because my wife and I were having problems with our relationship, we sought out a therapist. The therapist advised us that this particular friendship may not be healthy for us at the time due to many issues that came...

Healthy Eating [ 10 Answers ]

Message deleted

Chinese meals [ 5 Answers ]

I'd like to try out some chinese meals (I got a set of chopstick, so I want to put them to use). What would you recommend for a beginner? I hear they got all kinds of funny combinations like meat with honey and whatnot, so just name me something that will not be THAT strange in the beginning. If I...

Is this relationship healthy? [ 3 Answers ]

I am a mother of a 14 month old daughter. I work full time as a therapist. During my time at work my mother cares for my daughter half-the-week and my mother-in-law the other half. They both watch my daughter in our home. I very much want my daughter to have a good relationship with both sets...

View more questions Search