Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alibaba1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2009, 03:12 PM
    Home cleaning business
    How do I know what to charge to clean someone's home?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 7, 2009, 03:29 PM

Anywhere from l5 per hour to 25 per hour. Take your pick. I have paid those prices and everything in between. Mainly you have to go and make a judgment on how long it will take you to clean.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 8, 2009, 04:28 AM

Hi, alibaba1!

Where is the approximate location where you want to have this kind of business, please? Prices can vary greatly, depending on the location.

You can figure what you might want to make per hour, and also aim high in doing so, but you want to be competitive and not price yourself so far above the competition that people aren't going to want to hire you.

Have you already had experience cleaning for others in order to make a profit for yourself?

Thanks!
    prettycoolchick Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2009, 02:19 AM

You may also charge by the square foot just Google what is the going rate per sq. ft. for cleaning services. Residentual cleans, you have to be able to beat the current rate your competitors are charging, especially due to the economical status.
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Jan 21, 2009, 10:44 PM

Most residential cleaning is charged by the hour and varies a lot in different areas. Tickle's $15 to $25 per hour is good and it is in the range for most areas.

In some residential cleaning they want you to do additional jobs; clothes washing, dishes, etc, if that is the case then again the hourly rate is more appropriate.

Stringer

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Starting a cleaning business [ 2 Answers ]

I want to start a cleaning business doing offices and homes what di I have to do first

Small cleaning business [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking in to start a small cleaning business and I was wondering how much it might cost to get licensed, bonded, and insured.

Lisence&bonding for cleaning business [ 4 Answers ]

How would we get a lisence&bonded for our home based business?

Cleaning business [ 3 Answers ]

I am interested on starting a small cleaning service. How do I get in contact with the main person to see if they would let me clean their company? Do I need a license :rolleyes:

Home business [ 1 Answers ]

I have bought my first house to flip My husband and I have done a lot of the work ourselves can we draw a paycheck for our labor?

View more questions Search