Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sweet20 Posts: 35, Reputation: 2

Jan 7, 2009, 02:10 PM
    Pharmacy technicians
    Do pharmacy technicians get paid good?and do they make better money at a hopital like kaiser?
    momof2kids Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Jan 7, 2009, 02:30 PM
    Techs get paid pretty good... it my make a difference depending on where you live, but if you work for a hospital then you will probably be able to make more $$ than in retail, especially if you work night shift because you MIGHT be able to get nighttime differential pay?? I was a pharmacy tech for 10 years, but then I had 2 kids and I could not afford to send them both to school/daycare and work and bring in enough, so I started working from home and I LOVE IT! I loved being a tech, but you have to know that you will be dealing with some people when they feel their WORST, so you may have some backlash, but this is the case for many, many jobs...
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 7, 2009, 05:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by momof2kids View Post
    techs get paid pretty good...it my make a difference depending on where you live, but if you work for a hospital then you will probably be able to make more $$ than in retail, especially if you work night shift because you MIGHT be able to get nighttime differential pay??? I was a pharmacy tech for 10 years, but then i had 2 kids and i could not afford to send them both to school/daycare and work and bring in enough, so i started working from home and i LOVE IT!! I loved being a tech, but you have to know that you will be dealing with some people when they feel their WORST, so you may have some backlash, but this is the case for many, many jobs...

In your area what are the educational requirements to be a Pharm Tech and what do you consider to be "pretty good" pay - ?
    momof2kids Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Jan 7, 2009, 05:19 PM

I am in the Virginia Beach area of Virginia... We have to be nationally certified, which requires taking a test with or without classes... this test is offered 4 times per year and then you have to earn CE's (continuing education credits) every 2 years or you can become certified through an accreditated program, but it will not be a national certification, which pays better... We also have to be licensed by the State... When I left pharmacy, I was working as a manager making about
    $35,000-$38,000/year
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 7, 2009, 05:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by momof2kids View Post
    I am in the Virginia Beach area of Virginia...We have to be nationally certified, which requires taking a test with or without classes...this test is offered 4 times per year and then you have to earn CE's (continuing education credits) every 2 years or you can become certified through an accreditated program, but it will not be a national certification, which pays better...We also have to be licensed by the State...When i left pharmacy, i was working as a manager making about
    $35,000-$38,000/year

That's good news - in NY you do not need to be certified or licensed to work in a Pharmacy, there is no requirement for continuing education and the pay is not very good at all.

I wish NY would would license/certify.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Nail Technicians [ 1 Answers ]

I am currently looking to train to become a Nail Technician. There are so many courses available that it seems impossible to decide on which one is value for money and provides the right skills I require. I would appreciate any responses in respect of any good or bad experiences or any...

Certifications for autopsy technicians [ 1 Answers ]

I am currently employed at a Level 1 trauma hospital. I would love to be an autopsy technician, what certifications are required to become an autopsy technician?

Crime lab technicians [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I have this science project due the 11th and its about crime lab technicians, their salary, job description, lab equipment,where they would work, requirements for the job,and other info. But I can't find anything at all!! Hurry please!!

Unscrupulous HVAC Technicians [ 2 Answers ]

Unscrupulous HVAC Technicians often use the symptoms arising from a bad run capacitor or contactor to sell a trusting homeowner a whole new air conditioner. If you have a quality air conditioner and furnace, and properly maintain it, it should last 25 to 30 years. If in doubt, always get second...

View more questions Search