Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mellor Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2009, 10:48 AM
    No heat brand new Ruud furnace
    I had a Ruud furnace installed on Dec 30/2008 and I have woke up twice to no heat in a week at minus 40 tempertures outside. The furnace kept calling for heat but the heat never ignited. I have turned the furnace switch on and off and the green blinking light stays on but the organge light that inidicate the flame is light does not come on. I go outside around the vent and can smell strong natural gas spell. The installer put a longer vent on the first time but the problem has re occurred and he has not called me back at this point for the second time.

Can you help me?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 7, 2009, 02:35 PM
    Yes contact another heating company that sells Rudd. Have them do the repair and save the bill. Send a copy of the bill to the other company and ask for reimbursement. If they do not comply take them to small claims court and in the mean time call Rudd to complain about the company and report the problem to the BBB.

I am sure you have obtained a permit from the local building department so they should also be notified of the defect so they can also put pressure on the company that did the original install.

THIS is a serious condition and should be addressed NOW with a On Site Service from the other company you choose.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

RUUD 90 Achiever blower on no heat [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Ruud 90 Achiever, model number RCBA-3765GG17XI, MFD: 2003 using natural gas in my condo. Last week I noticed that the blower was turning on but no heat was coming out. I tried to turning the thermostat to the "off" position and then back to "on". When I did this the pilot would click...

RUUD Heat Pump [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Rheem heat pump and have purchased a replacement condenser fan motor. It had an Emerson KA55HXPAM-7255 and was crossed over to an A O Smith ORM 1008. My problem is the wiring, the new motor has one more wire than the old one. I had orange, brown, black on the old one. The new one has...

No electrical heat-ruud furnace [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 5.5 year old, 4 ton, split, ruudd furnace. Heating is electrical. The heat does not work, the motor runs but it just blows cold air. The cold settings for air conditioning work well. How do I know whether the problem is with the heating elements or something else? Thanks

Ruud Air Conditioner or Heat Pump [ 3 Answers ]

I replaced my Old Thermostat with a Honeywell CT87A 4447 about a year ago and only the Air conditioner/ cooling part works now. It worked perfectly well before, now the heat will not operate. There is only 4 wires R W G B, the unit is a Ruud Model #USNd-036J MFG Date 1989. Is this unit a heat...

View more questions Search