Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Jan 7, 2009, 08:07 AM
    Gross Fridge
    We are purchasing a home that is short sale and has been vacant for 18 months or so. The fridge was unplugged but never cleaned. There is a 1/2 inch of green hair over the entire inside of the fridge.

Can this be cleaned safely? Do I need to worry about mold outside of the main body and into the guts of the fridge? How about the water line for the ice maker?

Basically I am asking - can I clean this (or more accurately hire someone with a stronger stomach than I) or does it need replacement?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 7, 2009, 08:13 AM
    Put a new refrigerator in that home. It could probably be cleaned but you will always remember the condition it was in. The food your family eats is in there enough said.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gross in photos [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I'm a 19 yr old chick and I have a lot of trouble not snacking. I try exercising but always manage to get caught up doing something else.. usually less important.. I an 158cm approx and weigh 85kg.. I know I am overweight and I am looking for some tips on hoe I am able to lose it as fast as...

Hey oh my! This is so gross. [ 16 Answers ]

Hey guys. My teacher has been making everyone feel uncomfortable lately. (he is a male). He "checks out" and stares at all of the girls in my class like, he will look at their chest when he's talking to them and he will look at our butts its so gross. I've talked to my mom about it. She just said...

Absolutely Gross! [ 4 Answers ]

My boyfriend has a cat that constantly throws up hairballs, his food whatever. It's absolutely gross! What's wrong with it? I try feeding him less, that doesn't work. I try giving him more to eat, that doesn't work. We've tried different foods, that don't work. I'm all out of ideas. Please someone...

My cat is gross! [ 9 Answers ]

Arrgghhh! Help me! Every two days or so I find a rotten, dead, stinking animal in my bed! :eek: It is so gross! My cat must enjoy seeing me scream in horror or something. How do I stop her doing this!

Net vs. Gross a/r [ 2 Answers ]

In a company's financial statements, what is usually shown in the a/r account? Net or gross a/r? If the a/r is broken down, and a note says the company uses 2.5% allowance for bad accounts based on a/r, but no allowance account is explicitly shown, do you assume that the values you see are net, or...

View more questions Search