Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    veronda Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2009, 04:04 AM
    Substitutes for cottage cheese
    Hi.My name is veronda from zambia africa. Please assist me with the substitute for cottage cheese because I can't find any here. There is just mozerella, cheddar, gouda chezzes in the stores.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 7, 2009, 04:10 AM

Hi, Veronda!

What would this substitute for cottage cheese be needing to be used for, please? Cooking, dietary needs, something else, etc.

It would help those of us who come along to address your question to know that.

Thanks!
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Jan 9, 2009, 08:47 AM

If you are from Africa, I'm not sure you will be able to find cottage cheese, or even ricotta - which can be used to substitute.

Here is a recipe to make your own cottage cheese. Making Paneer or Cottage Cheese - How to Make Paneer - How to Make Cottage Cheese Hope it helps! :)
    angeltina Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2009, 05:15 AM
    Hi! Feta cheese is lot like paneer or (cottage cheese). Try this.its not exactly the same but we can manage the receipe

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is Cottage Cheese okay for dogs? [ 22 Answers ]

HI Everyone and Happy Holidays, I was at a family function yesterday and someone just adopted a beautiful beagle from a rescue home. Their vet told them it is good to give the dog cottage cheese mixed in with her food for protein. Is this good? I am asking as I would love to mix...

Substitute for cottage cheese [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know a substitute for cottage cheese? I live in Morocco, They don't have it here. Thanks zaydosmom

Is it OK to add cottage cheese to my dogs dry food? [ 13 Answers ]

I have a Golden-doodle about 1 1/2 yrs old. She is a wonderful companion and gives us so much pleasure. I feed her a high quality natural dry dogfood (many different brands), but she just picks at it all day, then usually leaves a lot of it. She will eat most of it if I add cottage cheese or...

Flour substitutes [ 1 Answers ]

Can you use plain flour instead of all purpose flour?

View more questions Search