Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Chinzee Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2009, 12:21 AM
    Replacing Shower Knobs
    I am trying to replace some old shower knobs but can't get them off. I have unscrewed the screw and tried to pry them off but they won't budge. Do they not come off or are the just stuck because they are old. If they are stuck what can I use to get them unstuck?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jan 7, 2009, 04:37 AM
    If you have removed the retaining screw the knobs should pry off. Good luck, tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Diverter and Shower Knobs [ 1 Answers ]

I had a diverter that wasn't pushing water through the shower head very efficiently. Since all of the knobs started dripping, my friend recommended that I pull all stems and replace at least the washers. So we pulled out the stems and replaced them. We had some trouble getting the knobs off the...

Replacing Shower Knobs & Stems [ 2 Answers ]

I am currently renting a condo that the landlord had bought replacement knobs for the shower before moving, but didn't have time to install them. He is out of state. I tried putting them on but they were the wrong ones and I happened to strip the brass parts that the knobs tighten up to. When I...

Need to replace shower hot and cold knobs [ 1 Answers ]

My house is a little over 50 years old. The shower leaks water from the tub faucet when it is set to come from the shower head. Also the water never fully stops leaking even when the knobs are set to off. I think the wahers are old and have read about replacing "seats" online but can't figure it...

Replace shower Plumbing Valve assembly shower head 2 knobs [ 3 Answers ]

In a fiberglass corner shower shell. What I have is an old leaking rusted Shower valve assembly. It leaks from the Shower head that is a hand sprayer with a wall mount from the sprayer. It also leaks around the both the hot and cold water wall mount knobs. The cold water knob the sleeve that...

Shower knobs leaking water [ 1 Answers ]

I can not stop the hot and cold water knobs in my shower from leaking water when turned on. I even replaced the complete stem unit ( think called a cartridge). Did I forget to do something?

View more questions Search