Ask
    <3 Lacie Loves Bryan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2006, 09:52 PM
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Jul 22, 2006, 11:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by <3 Lacie Loves Bryan
    my Adoptive mothers name ( who i will make up due to censorship) is Heather
    I can understand why you want to make up names….but it has nothing to do with “censorship”

now with my Mother i dont even know where to begin, she has went to SheppardPratt, which is knida like a Kooky-lynn..(if you catch my point)
    Do you mean a mental institution?

If it is, then just say so.

If you want to be emancipated, you have to show some kind of maturity!

Adoted marryed a man named eugene, who is my stepfather. ( keep in mind that we never get along n all we do is fight) ( FOR REAL NO EXZAGGERTING)
    Sorry, still getting the immature vibe here. Every teenager fights with their parents (and sometimes even more so with step-parents).

i found out that she was recording our fone convo's.. WHICH IS ILLEGAL!!
    NO IT'S NOT!!

Since she is your legal guardian, she has every right to monitor your phone calls.

It is only illegal for the phone call to be used as evidence against you in court.

like i said i have a very good job, n
    Where did you say that?

( Hence the resaon that i live with my stepfather)
    How old are you?

Honestly, if this is an indication of your maturity, I would never grant you emancipation.

As to your question, you did not state your age or location, so giving specific advice would be hard.

Can you live on your own?

You live with your former step-dad. Why not just continue living with him? Your adoptive mom doesn't seem to care, so what is the problem?

If you do have a good job and good grades (which apparently you said more than once), continue with that. Stay with your ex step dad and then go to college, etc.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Jul 23, 2006, 06:59 AM
    Hi,
    In all your posted question, I do not see how old you are.
    If you are a teen, living at home, then you might as well forget about living somewhere on your own.
    You can get help from Ala-Non, or any support groups, free, talking with others with the same problems and experiences.
    I do wish you the best, and please look in your local phone book, call a support group for teens.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 23, 2006, 07:03 AM
    Emancipation is a state law, and also varies from judge to judge since actually each judge will have to base each case on many issues that cannot be written into law, like maturity, the reasons, and so on.

1. your age
    2. your state you live in
    3. who you are living with now, if not legal parent or guardian, why not with the parent, and is this with the parents approval.
    4. Will the legal guardian ( that is your actual adopted father and mother) will they fight the emancipation, and will either want custody if you are not currently living with either.
    5. The reasons for your desire, while this is a very said story, a person unless the have been harmed merely not likely a parent is not really enoug, and getting divorced and marrying someone the child does not like is not a reason either, it will make you unhappy but not a reason to leave your home. Are you unsafe, is there mental, emotional or physcial abuse, and can it be proved if there is.
    8. Does the person make enough money to support there self is the one biggest issue, are they still going to school, normally required

On the boyfriend issue, not enough details, if he is 20 and your 15 yep he can go to jail and perhaps should, if he is 18 and you are 13 same deal,
    Now if you are 16 and he is 17 that is different.

And it appears you already live with a step dad and he must be a great guy to let you keep living there when he has no legal responsibility to.

So your first step is to have answers to all the above and hire an attorney if you believe you meet them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search