Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dave666 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2009, 07:07 PM
    Network issue.
    What does the ping 192.168.0.1 -l 1000 -n 100 command do?
    michealb Posts: 484, Reputation: 129

Jan 6, 2009, 07:14 PM

Well ping sends a packet with a reply request.
    -l tells the size of the packet in bytes.
    -n tells the count of how many times you want to send the packet.

This was probably done to check your connectivity to your router.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Home Network Default Gateway address issue [ 6 Answers ]

I have a problem with my home network of 3 computers. I clicked on the "Set up a Home or small office" icon on my XP machine and it came up with an error that it couldn't renew my IP address. I have manually renewd my IP and Subnet mask addresses, as ipconfig/release and ipconfig/renew did not...

Network issue [ 2 Answers ]

My machine does not connect to the network until the computer is shut down. What is the problem?

Network Access Issue [ 3 Answers ]

Looking for suggestions here. I have a home network that includes two desktops and two laptops all running XP of various flavors. I also have to NAS storage devices, one that uses special software and one that does not. The desktops and NAS devices connect to an 8-port switch which then connects to...

Home network issue [ 1 Answers ]

I have 5 computers to hook up to my home network, one by Ethernet and the others wireless. If I hook up the older computer to the Ethernet cabel on the router it seems to slow the wireless signal down from the router to the other computers. What could cause this I have a Belkin wireless G Plus...

WinXp Network Issue [ 2 Answers ]

I have 2 computers (both using WinXP HE) that are connected via a routher and a modem. They can both get on the internet with no problem. But for some reason they cannot see each other on windows. I can ping the address and get a response - so I know the router is working. I just can't view...

View more questions Search