Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rbandre Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2006, 04:48 PM
    BIOS key for Toshiba Satellite 5205 Series
    Does anyone know what key or keys are required to enter BIOS on the Toshiba Satellite 5205-S703 laptop? ESC F1 or F2 only get this response. "Restore default BIOS (Y/N)" Thanks... Bob A.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2006, 05:33 PM
    Googling found this site: http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/bios_manufacturer.htm

Looks like it's the F1 key for older models, but for newer models:

Toshiba Notebook [Newer models]
    1. Turn on computer by Holding down power button while pressing the ESC key.
    The machine will beep, then display:
    Check System, then press [F1] key.
    2. Release ESC key
    3. Press F1 key
    rbandre Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2006, 06:33 AM
    Thanks for you effort but it didn't work. I followed your instructions a number of times. But... the openiing screen (with the series of icons at the bottem) opens which requires the StartUp password. I input that, still holding the power button and ESC key, and then get the Set default value (Y/N) with BIOS V1.20 displayed on the right side of the screen. Tried pressing F1 key.. IAW your instructions... no go. The beep and Check System, then press F1 key message. Did not come on. Any more ideas?
    Thanks Bob
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2006, 07:29 AM
    Is there a problem with saying Yes to the "Set default value (Y/N) with BIOS V1.20" question? Previous to doing this you should back up/burn all your important data. You could then say Yes to that question then flash the bios to a newer version if you wanted to.
    Alan S Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2006, 08:00 PM
    I have a 5205-S503 and I have the same problem. The [Esc] key should take me into the BIOS (like every other Toshiba I own). It doesn't. I get the message reported above.

I did figure out that the [F12] key gives me the boot menu (actually a boot graphic). On every other Toshiba I own, the [F2] key gives me the boot menu.
    snowfocus8 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2006, 01:53 AM
    I have some quick insights. These Toshiba laptops are "legacy-free" and only have access to the bios through a Windows-based utility called Toshiba HWsetup. It comes installed with toshiba laptops (and, I think ,through their recovery cds etc).

This didn't help me though, when I was installing an old version of Win2K after an XP crash.
    I needed access to the Bios then to help setup the Video drivers.
    I found a downloaded version on the Toshiba website though
    http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/t...ngdgnj.0&ct=DL

And a general link to the Legacy-free bios-access problems
    http://askiris.toshiba.com/ToshibaSu...%200%208298048
    parce Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2007, 12:31 PM
    Hi I have the sime problem I can/t get in to bios for that password
    I want to now if you already can whit that probles coust a can/t
    Thanks for yor help
    basscleff Posts: 27, Reputation: 0

Jul 28, 2007, 07:15 AM
    Some older toshiba's had a hack that you could make using the printer port, you have to wire up a password reset dongle. You might find one on eBay.
    I've personally used this technique before and it works.
    Not very expensive to make it yourself either.
    Halla Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Oct 20, 2007, 12:31 PM
    I had the Same problem with a friends laptop which is what brought me here looking for a solution. Unfortunately none of the answers provided here were working but I figured it out and thought Id reg and try to answer this once and for all.

To boot from CD:
    When you power on, enter the password (if you have one) then press "C"
    Weird right?

For whatever reason that's how its done.
    Im reinstalling windows now. Finally.

Still can't enter the bios but at least I can get windows working again (had a bad ntfs.sys file) and once I do I guess I can use the windows application to access it.

---------------
    May as well promote!
    http://www.informationleak.com
    njup Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2009, 01:26 PM
    I can input to bios
    But if I will save changes and exit I can`t...
    Can I save changes and exit from that ?

Jul 3, 2009, 01:27 PM

What key or key to save changes n exit cause I hold end it`s not work...

Jul 3, 2009, 01:34 PM

Yesss...
    I find that...
    HoLd key Fn + End...
    hwluk Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2011, 04:26 PM
    The laptop comes with 3 disks(recovery and applications and drivers. Press "c" after you press the power button. Then after it displays " Toshiba" , you can release the button.
    It is what I do to install Ubuntu.
    AlShah Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2013, 02:04 PM
    Toshiba Satellite 5205-S703 (PS520U-31P03V) PC Notebook

Is Someone Knows how to Reset Bios Password ? I have this Toshiba old Model but don't have access to Bios . I can't login . Kindly Help ([email protected]).

Shah.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toshiba Laptop Bios Password [ 5 Answers ]

Hey all, I had my friend setup a Bios password on my Toshiba Satellite Pro laptop yesterday, and I lost the piece of paper he wrote the password on. When I asked him what he set it up as he said he forgot. We've been trying all sorts of things it could be, but no success. I use my laptop for my...

Toshiba Satellite Pro Sound Problem [ 1 Answers ]

I'm having a problem with a Toshiba Satellite Pro A10 laptop. The sound works fine through earphones or external speakers but here is no sound coming from the built in Titanium speakers. I've heard somewhere that this may due to a joint breaking on the headset jack socket, can anyone shed any...

Opening a Toshiba [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Toshiba Satellite A10 that I need to access the motherboard on but I cannot get the bottom off. I have removed every screw I can see but there looks to be some underneath the keyboard. Has anybody else had this problem and if so how do you get them apart? Thanks

Toshiba Laptop BIOS Password Cracker [ 15 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, I have Toshiba Satellite 1800 Laptop. The Laptop has a BIOS password that I didn't know. When my company bought it for me it was set by a password. No one knows what the password is. Could you please Help me on this. I've tried a lot including resetin by using the parellel port....

Toshiba Modem Driver [ 0 Answers ]

Hello, I am looking for a Modem driver for a Toshiba protégé 660CDT. Does anyone know where I can find one? Also, how do I install it once I have it? I'm not very familiar with drivers, so any information anyone can give me is much appreciated! Thanks! -Beth

View more questions Search