Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Debbie_34 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2009, 02:18 PM
    HIPPA violation
    I work for living alternatives for the developmentally disabled, the company is installing camera and adio equipment in each apartment, to watch the employees is this a violation of anyone's rights? Especially the people we care for?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 6, 2009, 02:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbie_34 View Post
    i work for living alternatives for the developmentally disabled, the company is installing camera and adio equipment in each apartment, to watch the employees is this a violation of anyones rights? especially the people we care for?

No. It's to keep your clients safe. As long as you are aware of the camera I see no problem.

I would think - due to the number of postings about people accused of HIPAA violations - that you would welcome the cameras.

Hidden cameras in some States aren't a problem, either, nor are "nanny cams."
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Jan 6, 2009, 02:27 PM

As you've been informed that they're installing the equipment, nothing has been violated. It's especially not a HIPAA violation as no one is releasing any medical information about the patients that are being cared for.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hippa Violation Or Privacy Law Violation? [ 16 Answers ]

My ex boyfriend got me pregnant and left me at four months. I have many physical problems and he had his friend who is a pharmicist look up my perscriptions (I live 40 miles away from that store location and have never been there) and then the pharmacisit shared all the information. Can I do...

Hippa violation [ 2 Answers ]

I had out-patient knee surgery and didn't get out of the hospital until almost midnight. So the next day I had someone take my perscription and get it filled for me. Just a pain med so I thought nothing of it. Imagine my surprise when I found out the pharmacist came to him and blerted out "Does...

Is this a Hippa violation [ 3 Answers ]

We have a boss that when someone calls into the office to tell her they will be out that day due to an illness, let say a migraine. The boss then calls a co-worker in that department as an FYI advising that person will be out, but she also tells the reason so at that point the whole department...

HIPPA violation [ 3 Answers ]

I recently told a colleague about my medical condition and asked that he keep the conversation to himself. Several months later I found out that he did not and has told several other people in our work place. Is there any type of violation here?

HIPPA violation [ 3 Answers ]

I was in a substance abuse program an one of the emploees told some of her friends and others in the public that I was an addict an also what medications I was being subscribed. So know half my town knows my story. Can I take legal action?

View more questions Search