Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aalexander Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2009, 01:44 PM
    How can I live with my dad
    I want to live with my father but I live with my mother and my father is not financial stable but my mother is I mean I want my mother in my life but I can't live with her anymore we are always fighting and I can't stand her how could I go about doing this. Also my mom has full custody of me but if my dad got joint custody then I could live with him and my mom can pay my medical expenses right? Please tell me how I can go about doing this because I can't deal with her anymore I am always depressed and she is driving me crazy
    Rick Johnson Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2009, 01:55 PM
    Hi
    First question I have is how old are you. And what state do you live in. Many states have age limits of whom you can live with. If your mom has full custody of you, you may not have any rights by state laws. But I'm sure if you took the time to talk to both of your parents together in the same room (unless it would be a disaster to have them together) they could coem to some arrangement to make you and them happy.

Rick

[email protected]
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Jan 6, 2009, 02:03 PM

By your last post, I assume that you're 15 years old. If your mother doesn't want you to leave but your father wants you to come live with him, he can file with the court and request that you be able to come testify in court about where you'd like to live. Ultimately, it's the judge's decision as to where you would be better off.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can't live with him can't live without him [ 4 Answers ]

We were going out a year and in the past couple of months he has bcome very distant and never makes me feel loved and he pushed so far that I had to break up with him... and he still dusnt care andhe even has the nerve to say that I should beg to get bak with him... all I want is to feel wanted and...

Live part-time NYC and work full-time and live part-timein Long Island am I NYC resi [ 1 Answers ]

For all of 2007, I lived and worked in Suffolk County four days per week, and I lived in the Bronx three days per week (not working during those three days). My employer generated my w-2 form with non-resident status based on my working and living in Suffolk County for my emploment. My question is,...

Live with mom- want to live with dad across country [ 3 Answers ]

I live with my mom with my 3 siblings. She has full custody. My dad is getting married and moving to California. I want to go with him. He knows that and says its OK if my mom says its OK. If my mom says no, what happens? Do I go to court? Do I easily loose if I don't have a ligitiment reason to...

Wife works and live in nj, I live and work in ny [ 1 Answers ]

Due to my job in nyc, I have to maintain a residence nyc. I rent not own a house in nyc. My wife lives in a house with our kids in nj and also works there. How do we file for taxes.:confused:

View more questions Search