Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    swfmt Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2006, 03:37 PM
    Transplanting trees
    I have a Norway (Ithink) maple that is about four years old and about 15-20 ft. tall. I would like to move it about 50 feet. Can I? How
    shunned Posts: 268, Reputation: 20

Jul 22, 2006, 08:05 PM
    That's a pretty tall tree to be moving. The root system reaches out to the tips of the branches. To dig this up, you'd have to size the root ball to make it moveable and I don't know if that would take away too much of the roots.

I suppose any tree service in your area could advise you on the pros and cons of moving a tree of this size.

Would it not be easier to plant another one and wait the four years? :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Transplanting Iris Bulbs [ 2 Answers ]

I live in northwest Louisiana. When is the best time to transplant Iris? Should the tops be cut off before transplanting?

Peach Trees [ 1 Answers ]

I live in western Colorado and have a small 40 tree orchard. I have two standard Elberta peach trees that are 16 years old and I am going to pull. I want to replace them with a peach tree that ripens about the same time or a little later, but has good color. The Elberta ripens here about the...

Trees in lawn [ 2 Answers ]

"In my area of michigan spring time bring about an avalanche of those twirling tree seeds that fall everywhere. I just put in a new lawn from seed and the tree seeds fell in the yard as well. Naturally I could not rake them out without disturbing the new seed. Now I have tiny tree saplings growing...

Dogwood Trees [ 2 Answers ]

I had some Pink Dogwood trees. They are now White.What do I need to do to bring back my pink ? Thank You Ramblinrose Texas :eek:

Transplanting tree [ 1 Answers ]

I just moved into a one year old home. The old owners planted a jap. Maple too close to the house. How deep would the root system be? And when is the best time of the year to transplant it?

View more questions Search