Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    emoXpixxie Posts: 43, Reputation: 2

Jan 6, 2009, 01:07 PM
    Starving myself.
    How long would you need to starve yourself to lose weight? If you're eating like 200 calories a day, how much weight would you lose per week (approx.) and how long would it take to kick in?

All answers are appreciated, but if you're going to tell me starving yourself is stupid, I know. I am fat, my parents won't let me diet (I'm 14, 15 on Friday) and this is all I can do, so please help.

Thank you =)
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Jan 6, 2009, 01:10 PM

I won't tell you that starving yourself is stupid although it is. It's dangerous. How are you going to get nutrients? You're a teenager. Your body needs nutrients. What if you pass out?

How tall are you though? How much do you weigh?

Jan 6, 2009, 01:13 PM

If I pass out, I pass out, as long as I lose weight I don't really care. I'll get nutrients when I do eat; I'm not cutting food out entirely.

I'm about 5 ft. 5 and I weigh 8 stone 8lbs (120lbs). Thank you for answering =)
    Ultra Member

Jan 6, 2009, 01:16 PM

You aren't fat at all. Who tells you that you're fat?

Jan 6, 2009, 01:21 PM

I do. Can you please tell me how long it will take for me to lose about 12lbs if I only eat 200 cals a day? Please? I know you might be worried, but you'd be really helping me out.
    Thank you =)
    Rosie321 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2009, 01:28 PM

I feel I'm fat sometimes but I'm not starving myself I know how you feel, your mum and dad won't let you go on a diet but they won't want you starving yourself either, if you don't like your weight just eat less and when your hungry, starving yourself doesn't help it will probably make it worse not better. Just eat things in moderation.
    Ultra Member

Jan 6, 2009, 01:30 PM

So you want to look like a stick figure with bones popping out?
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Jan 6, 2009, 01:34 PM

Actually, you're perfect. Height and Weight Chart - height weight chart, weight height chart

Jan 6, 2009, 01:34 PM

No. I just want to be thinner. I want a flat stomach. I'll stop starving myself when I achieve that. If 12 lbs is too much for that, I won't lose that much. I just want to lose enough to be slim.
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Jan 6, 2009, 01:35 PM
    Average Height to Weight Chart - Babies to Teenagers

Here's teens... still perfect.
    Ultra Member

Jan 6, 2009, 01:37 PM

Why don't you start exercising? Do some crunches? Get one of those pilates balls. They're not only a lot of fun, but there are so many exercises you can do and it helps with your balance too. You can get them at walmart pretty cheap and they come with a chart of different exercises. I would advise this as opposed to starving yourself. And go for a walk once in a while or something.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jan 6, 2009, 01:37 PM

Sorry but starving yourself is not a smart thing to do.

Fact is when you starve yourself to lose weight. Guaranteed you will eventually gain weight back and gain back even more.
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Jan 6, 2009, 01:40 PM

Running and eating proper portions will help you lose 12lbs a lot faster then starving yourself will. I believe and if I am wrong someone please correct me, but if you start to starve yourself anything you eat even 200 calories will be stored as fat since your body does not know when it will get anymore food.

Jan 6, 2009, 01:41 PM

Thank you, I will do some exercises like crunches and things if it will help. I don't know what a Wal-Mart is... I'm stupidly English =) But thank you everybody. I know starving is stupid, but its what I feel I need to do. And hopefully I won't gain anything back. Happy new year to you too, Joe =)
    Ultra Member

Jan 6, 2009, 01:44 PM

I wasn't sure where you are from. You can get those pilates balls other places too. Good luck!
    plonak Posts: 742, Reputation: 117

Jan 6, 2009, 02:36 PM

Starving yourself will make your body store fat and you will lose muscle.

So if you want to lose your hair, become in fertile, look like a skeleton, then go for it.

If you want to be fit, go to the gym and work out.. hopefully you will listen to our advice. Getting yourself into something like this will ruin your life
    pa46226 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2009, 03:21 PM

The only way you can get a flat stomach is to exercise properly. The idea of eating 200 calories a day is foolish---you will never lose weight, you will only mess up your metabolism, screw up your electrolytes. And Maybe DIE!!

But I guess that doesn't matter because you want to be skinny. I wear a size 1, and after awhile wearing them they are tooo big, and I still feel fat. I eat.

Grow up eat a balanced diet, not 200 calories a day. I hope your parents find out.
    lady_fang66 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2009, 03:58 PM
    I did the same thing at 16. But I was also bulimic. I am now 21 and still struggling with it. Once you choose to do this, it will have this problem all of your life. And it will kill you. You won't have any friends, no life, and it hurts. Listen, you don't have to starve yourself to lose weight. All you have to do is cut down what you eat. Drink water instead of soda, and go for an evening walk. Just 30 min. a day and I promise you that the pounds will shed. Just tell your parents that you are not on a diet, your just trying to stay healthy. And on top of that if you stave yourself, it will take longer for you to lose weight, because your body to store any little thing that you put in your mouth. You will GAIN weight. Trust me, I've been there and done that. Don't recommend it.

Jan 6, 2009, 04:21 PM
    Thank you lady_fang. I'm sorry you are going through all that, and I know you're right, but sometimes it just feels like the best and easiest way to lose weight. But I'll start doing walking and exercising like you suggest. Thank you and I hope you get better and things get less hard for you.

Thank you to everyone for your advice, I'll let you know how I get on. And Jesus Helper, thanks for that link, it really made me feel better about my weight =)

Love emoXpixxie
    kitkat2000 Posts: 14, Reputation: -2

Jan 6, 2009, 04:36 PM
    Check out the pilates video exercises on YouTube. Drinking about 3-4 500 ml bottles of water helps regulate and reduce weight. Also try eating more fruit. Apples are great! Don't starve yourself. You'll only gain more weight back when eating normal meals again because your metabolism will adjust to eating small calories and reduce greatly. You can cause great damage to your body by starving yourself. Especiaily your heart. Your weight is perfect for your height. If you have a lot of belly fat, starving yourself won't trigger your stomach very well at all. One great exercise for your tummy is leg lifts: lie down on the floor or on a mat, place your hands in a diamond shape at your tailbone for support and slowly raise your legs to a 90 degree angle. Try increasing the amount of leg lifts you do every day. It may be hard at first, but keep trying. It takes time but it really works. Excerising greatly increases your metabolism. Don't feel bad about your weight it makes me sad to hear about people who feel this way about themselves.:(

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Thinking of starving myself [ 11 Answers ]

Hi I need some help,advice... this is a serious question so please don't judge me. So here it goes 2 years I was slim I had a great body and was all in proportion. I've always had a problem from a very young age. So 2 years ago I decided to starve myself ad hey it work I got down to a size uk 8 I...

Starving for attention [ 187 Answers ]

Hello, I am very new to this site. I have been on forums before so I am rather familiar. I guess I should start the issue. I have been with my boyfriend for almost 5 years. In the last 2 years he has told me that he wants to have a child with me. (I have three children from a previous...

Starving horse [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, Im not sure what to do. You see near where my friend lives there is a horse in a field. The field isn't very big, the horses ribs are showing a bit, when it comes near it has something on its nose (not sure what it is) also:confused: its all on it own and it had a bath which did have water...

Starving dog [ 4 Answers ]

I have a lab and chow mix. He's 13 years old. He stopped eating 2 days ago. I give him dry food and mix some canned food. Then I gave him his favorite food , chicken. He just won't eat anything. Help!

View more questions Search