Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    adriaanjmuller Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2009, 01:04 PM
    Deduction in Salary
    Is it legal for an employer to change your yearly salary for less than what you earned without changing the hours that you work.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jan 6, 2009, 01:21 PM

Yes it is legal because you being salary they can make you work as much as they want. Many companies are doing everything they can for cut backs in employees and their wages.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jan 6, 2009, 01:23 PM

Sure -as long as you are not covered by a union agreement. For example, my employer has just annpounced a 5% across-the-board cut for all salaried employees. They are free to pay you what they want, and you are free to quit if you don't agree.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

F1 to H1B - Itemized Deduction/ Standard Deduction? [ 17 Answers ]

Dear all, My status in US changed from F1 to H1B in mid Nov 2004. I was on F1 from Sep 2002-Nov 2004. Will I be able to take the standard deduction ? If so will it be under the US-India treaty? Please help. Regards.

Home country salary from US salary [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am a L1 visa holder from india and was working in Massachusetts from aug 2005 to dec 2005 as a contractor from my original company in india. I used to receive the US salary from aug 2005 to dec 2005 for which I have the W2. During the same period I also used to receive my indian...

Salary vs Hourly, punching a clock on salary. [ 2 Answers ]

My company put me on salary a few years back. I still have to work overtime and I still have to punch a time card, I just dont get paid for any overtime hours. Also I have not gotten the standard raise that I used to get anymore. I was wondering is this fair practice?

Pre-tax deduction [ 3 Answers ]

Hi TA, Is COBRA premium payment eligible for pretax deductions? ML

Standard Deduction Vs itemized Deduction [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I am an Indian citizen. I as on a F1 status till Oct 18th 2004 and then I got converted to a H1B on Oct 18th 2004. I do not pass the standard presence test. Correct me if I am wrong, but I guess I have been able to determine that I am a Non Resident Alien and not a dual-status nonresident...

View more questions Search