Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    topladyj Posts: 323, Reputation: 13

Apr 2, 2009, 11:50 AM

I will try it iodine then castor, I don't want to use a heating anything because last time I did that's what made the one on the crease of my leg come up. I laid down at night with a hot pack and it touched the otherside, and drew that crap up. I'm glad that's gone but still fighting the first one I will get some asap. Thanks
    lolaetta Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2009, 12:23 PM

IT looks to me as the caster oil will draw it up and the Iodine will dry it up, but I'm not sure I would do both at the same time, but that's up to you. lolaetta
    jillrenee15 Posts: 103, Reputation: 11

May 5, 2009, 01:06 AM

Something else to try is taking Zinc supplements. Up to 50mg a day, and Tumeric (the food spice). These seem to really help some people who get many cysts over and over. The zinc interferes with iron absorption however, so if you have problems with anemia, be careful. I recently went to my pcp about my HS, and I'm now on an antibiotic for the inflammation and an antibacterial wash topically. I have a referral to a dermatologist for next month. A lot of people use OXY extra strength cleaning pads with Benzyl peroxide and sal acid. This is not something that is from being "dirty" , it is a disease that starts way under the skin. This is a common misconception by doctors even. They think you are not clean, and we know that is not the case with HS.
    mum45 Posts: 62, Reputation: 28

May 5, 2009, 01:25 AM

This is something I was plagued with constantly until I was diagnosed with diabetes 20 years ago. My blood sugars were high and I did not know. When reading through the posts and you said that lowering your carb and sugar intake seemed to help, it makes me wonder if you have possible undiagnosed diabetes? Or even could be borderline? Even now, about once every 4-5 years, if I am really sick or have to go on a round of steroids due to bronchitis (which elevate my sugars dramatically), I will get a cyst or two to deal with in that area.

Please seriously consider having your blood sugar checked. Somehow, someway, have it done. Before my daughter was diagnosed at 18, she dealt with these for several years, just because her sugars would fluctuate up and down.

My husband gets cysts too... no blood sugar issues there. The doctor says everyone has staph germs in their body. He gave him a treatment of a cream to put in his nose w/ a q-tip for 30 days (staph lives in nose) plus antibiotics. His cysts have decreased dramatically. They were terrible, terrible. And constant... one healed, another started. Now he has them rarely, like twice a year.

Ask your DHS office or local hospital where to locate a clinic that will let you pay according to your income, on a sliding scale fee, many communities have them now.
    topladyj Posts: 323, Reputation: 13

May 5, 2009, 11:27 AM

Well, I was having a really hard time losing weight for about two years. They thought the same and tested me for diabetes. Everything was normal. I don't know maybe it just wasn't elevated at the time I got tested. Oh and I still can't get that one to go away. I haven't tried the iodine but I think I am going to very soon or maybe castro oil. I even quit shaving for a while now to see if that was effecting anything. It doesn't seem to make one bit of difference.
    amberdawnpimpin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2012, 06:45 PM
    I keep getting cyst on my vagina to and I pooped one and I can't get anything but blood to come out its so sensitve to the touch and if I have intorcourse the enlarge and when I go to work and come home its like they get swollen from me moving around and my pants rubbing against it I don't have insuranse eithere last time I had one it got so big I couldn't walk I'm scared
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Oct 20, 2012, 09:10 PM
    Did you read through the posts in this thread? There are several methods that people use to get rid of them. The tea tree oil always worked best for me.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Testical cyst [ 3 Answers ]

I am 14 years old, I masturbate once a week, could it have been caused by this? They said I have to take anti-biotics and will have an ultra sound in a few days How did I get this? What are they usually caused from?

Has Anyone had a Ganglion Cyst? [ 13 Answers ]

About a year ago I had a little bruise on my wrist, right in the middle on the top. It was soar but I didn't think anything of it because I have problems with my iron levels and I have always bruised easily. Well maybe a month or to later I had this little bump that you really couldn't see unless I...

Cyst in Penis [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am a 22 year old male, since childhood I had a cyst on my penis(Prepuce). I got it operated through a surgeon 3 years back, but sadly It appeared again and is the size of a pea at present . There is no pain, but what can I do to remove it, I think that in can be a "Median Raphe Cysts of the...

View more questions Search