Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    machele29 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2009, 09:11 AM
    PHD Degree
    God Morning,
    I would like to know if it is possible to obtain a phd for free, whether it be through scholarship,online or other. Years ago a Florida University was having trouble getting new instructors and offered a program where if you teach you get to get a Phd but then you had to stay three more years to teach for them. I want to get the Phd but do not want another loan, have my Masters in Education but need the Phd to get a fulltime position teaching.

Thank you
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Jan 6, 2009, 09:17 AM

There are scholarships and grants for PhD students.

You do not need a PhD to teach full time unless you are in a tenure-track university position. Is that your goal?

Do you want a PhD in education?

Jan 6, 2009, 09:40 AM

I am in a tenure track position @ Central State in Ohio
    Ultra Member

Jan 6, 2009, 09:46 AM

Someone told me recently that the education community is anticipating a big influx of funding in the next few years. I think you would find it easier to get a scholarship or grant in a couple of years.

Online courses are not free. They are there to make money.

I would check out the department of education website.
    Grants & Contracts - ED.gov
    Also, is there no one at Central State that can help you with this problem?

Jan 6, 2009, 10:08 AM

I have not had the time to ask around, but thank you for the information.
    M.
    Ultra Member

Jan 6, 2009, 10:33 AM

Looking for funding is work. But I think you should start at the financial aid office at Central State. There may be something easy. And if not, they can get you started looking somewhere more fruitful.

Here's an example of a scholarship--it's pitched at environmental education, but you get the idea.
    UC Santa Cruz - Education - News and Events - View News

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can indian master degree eligible to apply for H1 master degree quota? [ 4 Answers ]

HI I have a master degree(2 year) in computer science engineering from an Indian university. Would I be able to apply for H1 visa under h1 master degree quota?? Or would I be able to apply under both general and master degree quota? Help me out guys.. Thanks,

AA degree [ 2 Answers ]

Is there a way to receive a AA degree through correspondance classes only? Is there a possible way to get an AA degree more quick than 2 years?

Avoiding "degree mills", seeking real degree! [ 9 Answers ]

I started as an education major in the State University of NY Oswego. I made an unusual, and perhaps unwise decision to put my learning in first place, and made no efforts to get a degree. I read "Pedagogy of the Oppressed" by Ivan Illich, and got turned on to his untraditional, radical approach to...

What do I do with my degree? [ 13 Answers ]

Hey Everyone, Thank you for including me in your forum. I have been battling for the past year to get a job that corresponds with my degree. I have a bachelor of Social Sciences degree and majored in Psychology and Sociology. I have applyied to so many jobs but every single one of them requires...

A.Th Degree [ 1 Answers ]

I am considering getting an A.Th degree, it is 80 credits and 7 years, unaccreddited, from Calvary Chapel. Would it be smart for me to try to get this degree, being that it is Unaccreddited? Also, what do you need to Legally become a pastor, perform marriages, etc.. Ordination?? Thank...

View more questions Search