Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lovelylassy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2009, 09:02 AM
    18 year old virgin
    Hey I'm 18 and my boyfriends 21
    We are going away next Saturday for the weekend and I no I'm ready for sex
    And he is so understanding telling me not to do anything I don't want to do
    I'm just worried that its really going to hurt?
    Please help I just want to make him happy
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Jan 6, 2009, 09:14 AM

Dear Lovely,

No one can say for sure how it will feel for you, but it is quite common for the first time to hurt a little. It's likely to be less painful if you are really excited by him and glad to be doing it, which you don't sound like you are.

If you are not ready for sex, then do not do this now. You should want to do it and there will come a time when you will--if not with him, then with someone else.

If you are thinking of doing this only to please him and you don't desire it yourself, then you are not keeping firm boundaries between your needs and other people's needs. He is not an infant who needs to be taken care of. He is demanding something you are not obliged to give. He is already pressuring you to do something you don't want to do, so it's not true that he is understanding. He is not being considerate of your feelings.

Cancel this weekend. Tell him you are not yet ready for sex. If you go away for the weekend with him, he will just pressure you until you give in. So don't go.
    bronzebabe Posts: 333, Reputation: 62

Jan 6, 2009, 09:38 AM

Seeing as you say you are ready, then you must be on birth control and have been on it for over a month, right? and you know, he MUST use a condom, right? this being said, if he is as "considerate" as you say, then he would be willing to wait...you Will probably freak out a bit when he starts, and you don't want to do that... wait till you are older and even till you are married if you can. Make the first time THE most special...
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Jan 6, 2009, 09:41 AM

I misread "i no im ready for sex" as "I am not ready for sex."

Apologies. But "no" does not mean "know." :)
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jan 6, 2009, 09:45 AM

If you were really ready, you would not be afraid that it is going to hurt, but excited that you're going to be with the right person at the right time.

I agree with Asking, though--if you're REALLY ready, you've both been tested for STDs, you've been on birth control for at least a year, and he's got a good supply of condoms that he's not only willing to wear, but glad to wear in order to protect you both.
    TexasParent Posts: 378, Reputation: 73

Jan 6, 2009, 10:25 AM

Based on the spelling of the OP; I would say this person isn't 18 as she is reporting. Call me crazy but I think we are giving advice to some 13 year olds.

An 18 year old should know how to spell "know" rather than "no" unless there is a complete failure of the public school system. Furthermore most 18 year old girls would know based on hygenic feminine requirements and talking with friends who have had sex whether it's going to hurt or not and wouldn't come here for answers, she would already know by the time she's 18; a younger person wouldn't know because her friends haven't had sex yet.
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Jan 6, 2009, 10:47 AM

This is the only Adult Board on this site, so I like to answer questions like I'm dealing with an adult since there is no verification of age other than how a person talks about the issues and problems he or she has.

I wouldn't go away to lose my virginity. Since it will probably hurt a lot, you may want to be in familiar surroundings near someone to talk to.

Weekends are for having a great time with your boyfriend... lots of fun activities and enjoyable sex.

Best wishes, :)
    lilysmama2009 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2009, 06:54 PM

Well girly, I know that we can all say wait until your older, or make sure he's the right guy, and all that good stuff, but when it comes right down to it your going to do what you feel is right. I will say that you really have to be in the mood and want it for it not to hurt to bad. If your not in the mood then I would wait. And maybe use some type of lube, that would probably help a little, and not hurt as bad. But if he's willing to wait until your ready then you should have nothing to worry about. If your not in the mood then don't do anything.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Nov 15, 2009, 06:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lilysmama2009 View Post
    Well girly, I know that we can all say wait until your older, or make sure hes the right guy, and all that good stuff, but when it comes right down to it your going to do what you feel is right. I will say that you really have to be in the mood and want it for it not to hurt to bad. If your not in the mood then I would wait. And maybe use some type of lube, that would probably help a little, and not hurt as bad. But if hes willing to wait until your ready then you should have nothing to worry about. If your not in the mood then dont do anything.
    She probably already has. She asked the question in January.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Nov 15, 2009, 10:03 PM

Thread closed.

PLEASE watch the dates when responding to posts.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

19 year old virgin.what to do? [ 36 Answers ]

well here's the deal I'm a 19 year old male and I'm a virgin. Its completely my choice(ive turned down sex more times than anybody I know). I'm an atheist so this has nothing to do with any sort of religion, I just want something more than a quick you know. I've only dated one person...

19 year old male virgin [ 15 Answers ]

OK I am 19 years old and I am still a virgin and I feel like a freak... the only thing is that no one knows I am. Everyone thinks I have had sex multiple times and probably wouldn't believe me if I told them otherwise... this makes it hard for me to actually have sex because I feel that I'm just...

19 year-old virgin [ 31 Answers ]

Hi, I'm a 19 year-old male. This may sound kind of weird, but I can't help noticing that all my friends, and just about everyone I know is sexually experienced/active. I'm a virgin, and a lot of people treat me like I'm stupid when I tell them that. What's going on around me? Is it stupid to be a...

19 year old shy virgin needs adivce [ 15 Answers ]

OK I have basically never said this to anybody but since it's the internet anything can happen right? I am a 19 year old male in "college" and I am a virgin and very, very shy. In my 6 posts here I have given advice about being shy, but unfortunately I have not been able to take my advice and...

23 year old virgin [ 5 Answers ]

My boyfriend will not have sex with me. He is very attracted to me, he's not gay, he is not intimidated nor does he have any anxiety about it. He just does not have sex with me. He says that he wants to and when and where is not the problem. My question is, what should I do? And what could be his...

View more questions Search