Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 2, 2006, 09:23 AM
    Oh, I am excited too!! Ya got to love a man who does grocery shopping!!

Ya going to make wet ribs or use a dry rub?

One gallon of kool-aid (grape) coming up for T-Man!!

I'll make the slaw!!
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 2, 2006, 09:27 AM
    Just gimme some seasoning and get back Whoa... be back I for got the mesquite chips, for the fire not to eat
    Expert

Aug 2, 2006, 09:45 AM
    Oops, can't cook without the mesquite chips!! :eek:

Okay, today we have ribs, beef briquette, slaw, kool-aid - what else do we need?:confused:
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

Aug 2, 2006, 09:45 AM
    Mmmm food good...

Aug 2, 2006, 09:46 AM
    A nice thick juicy steak med rare, baked patato, and some corn on the cobb... That I don't have to cook... lol... or grill
    K_3 Posts: 304, Reputation: 74

Aug 2, 2006, 10:13 AM
    I got back to late and picked up a spinach salad on the way home. I will have some of that cherry jello and Kool Aid. I have lots of summer squash and brocolli in my garden, want some fresh?
    Expert

Aug 2, 2006, 10:15 AM
    Fresh broccoli!! Yummie!! Great in potassium too...

Aug 2, 2006, 10:21 AM
    Oooh... me, me, me... I want a little of it all... lol
    Expert

Aug 2, 2006, 12:54 PM
    Look out here come the cat/dogs again and they look hungry

T-Man hide the ribs!!
    flowerchildnea Posts: 44, Reputation: 2

Aug 2, 2006, 01:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Krs
    I dont know why you say u dont think adult women like shopping!
    Thats mad :confused:

All the adult ladies i know LOVE shopping...

Or maybe do u think i could be an european thing? :cool:
    Maybe Europeans love shopping lol
    Maybe its because all the adult women "I" know hate shopping, and they only do it because they have to. I can't speak for the world, and I really wasn't trying to, and I think its funny how the only people who responded to what whizz had to say were women who didn't necessarily prefer shopping. And then after what I said, it seems like everyone has something positive to say about shopping, and its like... well OK, where were you before I wrote all that crap. I could have seen both sides, and given a more precise opinion on the likes and dislikes of shopping.
    I didn't COMPLETELY single out adult women from shopping... Im not one sided about the things I argue about. I was just trying to respond to whizz in the way that he would understand, because he is young. And I was assuming that he was asking why females his age love to shop. I am also young, Im 21, so I have no reason to be around adult women (30's and up. And please don't get offended by that, I just personally don't think that women are adults until they are 30.. well most of them. Some women are adults at 18, but that's because they've proven themselves responsible, independent, and intelligent. By the way, please refrain from arguing with me about my point of view on adult women. I know that a lot of you won't agree, and I don't feel like hearing it) So anyway, I have no reason to be around adult women who like to shop.

My mom is a mother of 9 children, and my dad walked out on all of us when my youngest sister wasn't even 1 years old yet. My mom has to clothes shop, school shop, grocery shop... and all that, for 9 people, plus herself, so you can imagine how much she HATES shopping. Even women that I do know hate shopping, and they only do it for their families, and for themselves so that they can survive. That's where I was coming from with my opinion. I was saying that adult women I know hate shopping, and that only the younger women I know love shopping. I wasn't saying everyone is like that.
    Now I know that EVERY women has at least 1 thing that they LOVE to shop for. Even I said I love shopping for food when Im hungry, but I HATE shopping in general... did I not. I hate the ACT of shopping, but I LOVE getting what I need in the end. Maybe people mix that up with shopping. To me shoppping isn't looking at things you like, that's called browsing, am I right? Shopping is going to some place, to get what you need, and then you leave. So some of you ladies who responded to what I said might like browsing (one of you pointed out that you like window shopping, I consider that browsing, cause you never went inside, nor did you buy anything. And we ALL like to look at things that we might want... )
    I hate stores, I hate being around crowds of people, I hate the smells, I hate the attitudes of the people shopping, I hate the vibe, I hate going to the counter, I hate carrying my stuff to the car. But when I get home, I LOVE what I got, and I wear it, or I eat it, or I watch it, or I play with it... whatever. Maybe all of you mix the actual shopping experience, with being excited about getting what you like when you shop. I think that's a better phrase for it, instead of why do women hate shopping, it should be why do women hate the whole "shopping experience" because that's what I hate, I don't know about the rest of you.
    Ok Im being a little exaggerative here, and I know what Im saying is going to stir up controversy. For those of you who still feel strongly about loving the actual act of shopping, the going through the crowded isles, the picking what you want, the paying at the counter and all that then good for you. And Im not saying you don't exist... And some of you are going to disagree with my idea of shopping, because you'll think that shopping is browsing, and it is this or it is that.

Also krs... what exactly do you mean european women?? I don't know where you going with that. I live in america, and I don't know anything about the way europeans shop, or even how much they like to shop. So please clarify that.

For all of you reading, please know that Im not angry, hostile, or upset. Im just trying to explain my point of you in a way that it doesn't exclude one person or the other. I promise I won't talk this much again.

Besides, I want a big juicey medium rare steak, some cherry jello, some brocoli, some corn on the cob, a baked potato with sour cream, cheddar cheese, chives, and bacon bits on top, and lastly I want a Coke to help it all go down.
    Expert

Aug 2, 2006, 01:13 PM
    Well, ladies, let's forget about the shopping, some people like it and some don't ain't a dern thing we can do about it.

Hey I did not know T-Man was cooking steak TOO!!
    I'll have a medium rare steak for dessert please.

I worship any MAN who can grill my steak jusst right.
    aqua@home Posts: 565, Reputation: 107

Aug 2, 2006, 01:19 PM
    Comment on Krs's post
    Yes, I can actually picture it. I am going to look it up.
    Expert

Aug 2, 2006, 01:28 PM
    Give me a hand grilling these onions, pass the kool-aid the heat is getting to me somebody is going to have to invent an air-conditioner for the grill.
    Expert

Aug 2, 2006, 01:29 PM
    Besides, I want a big juicey medium rare steak, some cherry jello, some brocoli, some corn on the cob, a baked potato with sour cream, cheddar cheese, chives, and bacon bits on top, and lastly I want a Coke to help it all go down.
    No problem coming right up!
    Expert

Aug 2, 2006, 01:31 PM
    Passing the onions, you need anything else besides kool-aid.

Oh, yeah, I just bought a grill AC unit at WalMart. I'll bring it to you.

And don't be afraid of that doggy, it is only a cat.
    Expert

Aug 2, 2006, 01:37 PM
    Your beauty is surpassed only by your sense of humor LOL This looks like one of those old church fans they store on the back of the seat.
    Expert

Aug 2, 2006, 01:43 PM
    Oh, dear, you are so sweet.

What CHURCH FAN!!

It wa $200 at Wally-World... did I mess up honey?
    Expert

Aug 2, 2006, 01:50 PM
    Maybe turning it up would cool me off This brisqette has a few more hours before we can dig in so we may as well play some games before we eat anybody know any good games?
    Cgirl Posts: 287, Reputation: 38

Aug 2, 2006, 01:50 PM
    Ooohhh, I am late arriving... but I am here! I am putting my feet up... It is hottttt here!! I'll take an iced Chai Tea please (if anyone's offering) :)
    Expert

Aug 2, 2006, 01:54 PM
    Welcome Cgirl!!

I will look around and see if we have Tea.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search