Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ani66 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2009, 01:19 AM
    Force required to move on ice
    How can a person stranded on a perfectly smooth block of ice get to the corner?
    colbtech Posts: 748, Reputation: 66

Jan 6, 2009, 01:54 AM

I presume you would require an external influence? Wind.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jan 6, 2009, 12:27 PM

Take off your jacket and throw it away - conservation of momentum says that you will slie in the direction opposite to the direction you throw the jacket.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Confederate air force/ Commemorative air force [ 5 Answers ]

Are Lefty Gardner and Lloyd Nolan still alive? If so where can I find good information on the start of the Confederate Air force on line. There is a lot of info on the new Commemorative Air force, but very little on the old.

Move School Move Country [ 2 Answers ]

Hey, In early 2007 I decided I wanted to study over seas. My dad thought it was a good idea so we went to the meetings and I got prepared. In the last 6 months preparing my dad told me I can't go. Its not the money and he said it was because I was been rude or something. Now I want to move over...

How much force [ 2 Answers ]

A 20 N constant horizontal force is applied to a 5 kg box. As a result, the box moves 10 m to the right. How much work is done by this force?

Breaking a lease in NJ due to job required move [ 15 Answers ]

I started a lease in Hackensack, NJ in May 2006. My job then required me to move to MD in August 2006. The lease had no cancellation clause and I am required to continue paying rent until the apartment is re-rented (a re-rental fee was required) or until my lease runs out. Is there a provision...

View more questions Search