Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    abcdefg1234 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2009, 08:06 PM
    Friends in working environment
    My really good friend and I now work together. She has been in the position for a year and a half, I got hired in doing the same job as her. She found out that I'm making more money than her, and now she's mad at me. I didn't ask for the amount that my employer is paying me and I told her that and I told her I didn't want there to be any tension between us, and she said there wouldn't be, but there is.. You can cut it with a knife! So now what. We've been friends for almost 13 years.
    spanglish30 Posts: 24, Reputation: 2

Jan 23, 2009, 10:19 PM

She should get over it! If she is a true friend.But sometimes money "stuff" can get in the way of friendships.I'm wondering how she came across your income?This may "Make or Break your friendship.Best in the future to not work with friends.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 23, 2009, 10:32 PM

Hi, abcdefg1234!

I know that your question is somewhat dated and that perhaps you've found a solution to the problem that you're having.

Just as spanglish30 is wondering how she found out about how much you're making, I'm wondering about the same thing.

Is it possible that you might be making more money than your friend because you came on the job having more overall experience than your friend?

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Being friends with your ex... just not working for me [ 13 Answers ]

(apologies in advance for the length) I tried the whole keep in touch with your ex thing, but it just wasn't working out for me. I didn't really contact her too much, but she would contact me and I guess it was slowing me down from moving on. I was never sure what she really wanted, I'd hear...

How do snowy owls adapt to there environment? [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: I would just like to know because my friends say they change colours but I don't agree. So that's why I'm askijng to see if she's right or not.:) :) :confused: :confused: :confused:

Hostile work environment [ 5 Answers ]

I was working the other night when my supervisor and a co worker entered my work station and asked me to come to the office, so I went with them and me and the co worker got into a heated argument. My coworker was literally in my face yelling at me, so I looked at my supervisor who was just sitting...

Labor law/hostile work environment [ 4 Answers ]

I was acting supervisor on my job last week. Iwe all carry weapons at this job. I gave an order to one of the employees and she flipped. She began to curse at me very loudly, she called people on her personal phone to talk about me loud enough so that I could her. As a matter of fact, she was...

Orca/ environment [ 1 Answers ]

I was wondering if someone could help, I need to know the environmental conditions under which an orca (killer whale) is found , and the resources it requires for survival?

View more questions Search