Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sk8reaper Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Jan 5, 2009, 06:12 PM
    92 honda prelude will turn over but won't crank, fuel not getting to motor
    I have a 92 honda prelude that will turn over but won't crank. It tries and tries but nothing. A friend said it was the fuel pump and main relay. So I had both replaced. There is still something keeping the fuel pump from pumping the gas to the motor. What could it possibly be? We've tried about everything and I'm ready to give up.
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Jan 5, 2009, 06:20 PM

Is it for sure the fuel causing the problem? Can you hear the pump kick on when you turn the key on? If so then it's not your "pump" maybe a line but not your pump. It could be tons of things at this point! Check your distributor cap and make sure the housing is still intact and no bolts are broken and all caps are connected!

This was a problem with my fiance's Honda Civic (94) so I make sure to tell everyone this first!
    Keep Us Updated!

Jan 5, 2009, 06:28 PM
    Yea, the fuel pump won't kick on at all even though its new

Jan 5, 2009, 06:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ITstudent2006 View Post
    Is it for sure the fuel causing the problem? Can you hear the pump kick on when you turn the key on? If so then it's not your "pump" maybe a line but not your pump. It could be tons of things at this point! Check your distributor cap and make sure the housing is still intact and no bolts are broken and all caps are connected!

This was a problem with my fiance's Honda Civic (94) so I make sure to tell everyone this first!
    Keep Us Updated!
    Yea, the fuel pump isn't coming on at all.

Jan 5, 2009, 06:52 PM

Keep Us Updated!
    Sorry I'm new to this and I don't have a cluw how to answer to your responses

Jan 5, 2009, 06:59 PM

Is anyone getting these replys?
    Networking Expert

Jan 5, 2009, 06:59 PM

Again, how do ou know it's your fuel pump! Did someone stand by the fuel door while you turned your key on?

Just double-checking!

P.s. Like greasemonkey said does your "check engine light" come on when your key is turned on! THen off again!

Jan 5, 2009, 07:05 PM

Well I mean it now has the new fuel pump and relay, when turned on it isn't turning as if its electrical or something. And the light is on momentarily then goes out like usual

Jan 5, 2009, 07:14 PM

I don't know how to reply to any of these posts, so I think I'm writing to myself and dk if anyone gets my replys
    Networking Expert

Jan 5, 2009, 07:22 PM

Just because the pumps new doesn't mean it works! Turn the key on while soemone stands by your gas tank and listen, when you turn the key on the pump should make a purrring or buzz. Let us know!

Jan 5, 2009, 07:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by txgreasemonkey View Post
    Does the CEL come on for 2 seconds and go off, when the ignition switch is turned to ON?
    Yea just as it normally would

Jan 5, 2009, 07:26 PM
    just because the pumps new doesn't mean it works! turn the key on while soemone stands by your gas tank and listen, when you turn the key on the pump should make a purrring or buzz. Let us know!
    Yea, there was 2 of us, and it doesn't seem to be turning on. Maybe electrical? But I don't know

Jan 5, 2009, 07:33 PM

I will get back with everyone once I found out more, giving it a break for the night. Let me know otherwise if u guys know of anymore options. Even with the pump disconnected, we tried for some voltage going back there and nothing. So maybe it is in the ground. Thx for the support
    preludeben Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2010, 09:12 PM
    I'm having this same problem. Anyone have a solution to this problem? No power to the fuel pump, w/ a relay I know works, installed.
    DChondaracing Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2011, 01:51 PM
    If it was me I would change the ecm if you have changed the fuel pump and the main relay

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1997 honda civic dx won't crank won't start [ 17 Answers ]

I have a 1997 honda civic dx 5 speed. Yesterday car was fine, started strong and drove strong. I parked car last night and about 4-5 hours later tried to start it. When I turned the key in the ignition there was no crank at all. I can hear a little hum and then a click but that's all.

92 honda prelude fuel and temp gauge not working [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 92 honda prelude and the fuel and tempature gauge want come on or do anything it use to work after I put the new motor in I know a pretty good bit about honda and I can't seem to figure this one out

1990 honda civic gets fuel +spark runs fine when it starts but turn off won't start [ 1 Answers ]

I drive a 1990 honda civic ex 1.6 OK here goes sometimes it will start and run perfect no problems but it seems like when it gets hot or you drive for 30 minutes or so you turn it off and go back to start it and all it does is crank when it does this it is getting spark and gas I have replaced fuel...

1989 honda Prelude fuel system question... [ 1 Answers ]

On a 1989 honda prelude 2.0Si, under the fuel pressure regulator there is a place for a hose to be slid on, Here's the question: where does that hose go to? Please Help! ThX, Nathan

Fuel Injection Relay Honda Prelude 1988 [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 1988 Honda Prelude 2.0 which has refused to start. The mechanics at the Honda shop say it's the Fuel Injection Relay, BUT they don't know it's location, OR ID number. I know that sounds strange but it's true. Can anyone help me please? Thank you. PS: This is a right hand drive car as I...

View more questions Search