Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kmr49 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2009, 04:37 PM
    Employer making contributions to your 401k
    Has any one heard of this? Had about 29,000 in my profit sharing acct. was fully vested after 8 years. Then employer (as his practice grew, employees & patients ) he rolled over all monies into a 401k acct. employer would match your contributions up to 6%, but, ONLY if you let him invest monies, I had no say... where the monies were invested... So, after
    2years of this I lost over $29,000, had I not let him invest my monies he would not match
    Your contributions... Is this legal? I was fully vested monies 100% mine!
    Linnette1973 Posts: 36, Reputation: 0

Jan 6, 2009, 01:56 PM
    Does not sound legal to me. They can't tell you what to do with your money. You may want to contact an attorney.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

401K deductible contributions? F1-OPT [ 12 Answers ]

I am currently under H1B since November 2006 and F1 doing OPT before that. During 2005 I was a teaching assistant while still in school so I used form 1040 NR EZ for my taxes. During 2006 I have contributed to the 401K in my company so I understand I should use 1040NR to be able to deduct these...

401K maximum contributions [ 1 Answers ]

Can I contribute to my 401K plan to the maximum amount AFTER the 2007 year-end, but before I file my 2007 taxes and put that amount on my 2007 taxes?

401K Contributions by employer [ 2 Answers ]

Hi. My employer (brother) is not contributing my 401k deductions from my check to my 401k plan. I had talked to his accountant, his 401k administrator at work, the 401k Provider (Principal, Horrible customer service on their part), everybody is giving me the run around. Who legally should I...

401K contributions [ 1 Answers ]

How much time can elapse after an employer deducts employee 401k contributions from employee pay, to send those funds to a third party investor?

401k Contributions [ 2 Answers ]

If I did not max out my 2006 401K contributions, is there a provision with the IRS to add money to the 401K for last year prior to filing my taxes?

View more questions Search