Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SHAVED Posts: 275, Reputation: 41

Mar 7, 2007, 11:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ciara1111111
    hey well i read all ur comments took a while haha and then i went upstairs and trimmed mine..im a 15 yr old girl. and holy crap it is so painful i put my undies back on and evry step i take hurts i have them off atm coz its just so much pain...dont do that guys. ok i need one question answered- DO MOST GIRLS SHAVE THERE PUBES?
    Oh my God, You got that much pain by trimming your pubic hair? Frightening!!!!. I can't believe it. If you are getting pain just for trimming what will happen if you do a clean shave?
    dulla_girl Posts: 41, Reputation: 3

Mar 8, 2007, 12:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ciara1111111
    hey well i read all ur comments took a while haha and then i went upstairs and trimmed mine..im a 15 yr old girl. and holy crap it is so painful i put my undies back on and evry step i take hurts i have them off atm coz its just so much pain...dont do that guys. ok i need one question answered- DO MOST GIRLS SHAVE THERE PUBES?

Well I do and have done for years you will get used to it but I suggest that you clean shave it cause the pain you may be experiencing would that its prickly and stabing you but if you are clean shaven it shouldn't do that at first it may so you will need to shave each other day depending on how fast your hair grows back but after a while it will take longer for it to come back and it won't be as hard so it shouldn't stabe you
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 8, 2007, 12:55 PM
    You likely gave yourself razor burn by not doing it right. First you have to trim it as short as you can with a trimmer, sizzors or whatever, wash well with hot soapy water, and rinse, then use a good cream or gell you shave it first going with downward strokes then side to side and finally with upward strokes, never using the razor on dry skin. Reapply cream as needed. It won't hut if you do it that way. Trust me, as I've done this for years and so has my wife. I actually had to teach her the right way as initially she had the same complaint as you. Now that she knows how to do it she never wants it to grow back. Contemplating laser removal to keep it that way permanently.

And my personal experience is a large percentage if not most women are now doing this. Starting to see in gyms more and more guys doing it as well.
    baal12 Posts: 35, Reputation: 0

Mar 8, 2007, 01:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy
    You likely gave yourself razor burn by not doing it right. First you have to trim it as short as you can with a trimmer, sizzors or whatever, wash well with hot soapy water, and rinse, then use a good cream or gell you shave it first going with downward strokes then side to side and finally with upward strokes, never using the razor on dry skin. reapply cream as needed. It wont hut if you do it that way. Trust me, as I've done this for years and so has my wife. I actually had to teach her the right way as initially she had the same complaint as you. Now that she knows how to do it she never wants it to grow back. Contemplating laser removal to keep it that way permanently.

And my personal experience is a large percentage if not most women are now doing this. Starting to see in gyms more and more guys doing it as well.
    Do you really shave 4 directions every time? That just seems to spell bad news...
    Stac33 Posts: 115, Reputation: 5

Mar 9, 2007, 12:15 PM
    I find that using hair conditioner to shave is good. It leaves me very smooth and soft. Plus a very GOOD razor with 4 blades.

Mar 10, 2007, 05:52 PM
    All right, I've been using my Gillette Fusion to shave down there ever since I started to shave my pubic hairs. It's a close shave, but I am wondering - should I invest in a nice 4-blade "female razor" to shave my pubes? My fusion blades are just getting eaten alive, and I think it's because they aren't designed for shaving pubic hair, and I think the "female razor" blades would last longer... does anyone know or could anyone shine some light on this?
    rustynail Posts: 25, Reputation: 3

Mar 11, 2007, 10:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by baal12
    All right, I've been using my Gillette Fusion to shave down there ever since I started to shave my pubic hairs. It's a close shave, but I am wondering - should I invest in a nice 4-blade "female razor" to shave my pubes? My fusion blades are just getting eaten alive, and I think it's because they aren't designed for shaving pubic hair, and I think the "female razor" blades would last longer... does anyone know or could anyone shine some light on this?
    I have found that the Norelco works real well. I use it to shave everything including my sack... Worth the money lasts 10 years
    Uber Member

Mar 12, 2007, 10:31 AM
    Do you really shave 4 directions every time? That just seems to spell bad news...

That's what works best for me. If I just go down its rough to the touch, If it go only up strokes I tend to get razor burn. But if I go downward, and side to side before going upstrokes if somes out smooth as silk with no razor burn. I do lightly spread more gell between passes I have in my hand. I spread the gell with one hand but work the razon with the other. I never pass over bare skin without gell. Never, ever get razor burn this way. And recently I've started using the 5 blade Gillette Fusion Power which is even better than the Mach 3 in my mind.
    DaisyGirl25 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2007, 11:13 AM

I think it's to each their OWN! ;) I like it cleaned up... but that's me. Whatever you want... you do! :cool:

Mar 12, 2007, 02:21 PM
    Yeah, but I am talking, do female razors truly last longer than guy razors?
    dulla_girl Posts: 41, Reputation: 3

Mar 12, 2007, 02:56 PM
    I think they do well they have in the past or me but maybe we need a guys opinion on this someone that has tried both also

Mar 13, 2007, 06:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by dulla_girl
    i think they do well they have in the past or me but maybe we need a guys opinion on this someone that has tried both also
    I have used both razors (male/female) blade razors. In a blade I found that the Gillette SensorExcel Razor laster longer than the mens razor from Gillette... I still like the Norelco better... just my choice... looking for long lasting blade go with Gillette SensorExcel Razor

Mar 13, 2007, 08:58 AM

Use the Schick Quattro. 4 blades and awesome.
    Uber Member

Mar 13, 2007, 12:42 PM
    Wife actually prefers my Mach three to her triple blade woman's razor. She hasn't used my new Fusion Power yet, she might have a new favorite. So based on my wife's experience women's razors las no longer than mens. And if fact that is one woman that finds a mans razor superior. She does however use a women's cream/gell instead of mine.

Mar 13, 2007, 02:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rustynail
    I have used both razors (male/female) blade razors. In a blade I found that the Gillette SensorExcel Razor laster longer than the mens razor from Gillette.....I still like the Norelco better....just my choice......looking for long lasting blade go with Gillette SensorExcel Razor
    Based on the two that followed mine I stand corrected... thanks:)
    freebird1981 Posts: 30, Reputation: 5

Mar 14, 2007, 08:22 AM
    I'm a woman and honestly I have no preference whatsoever. My man went up to the shower one night without telling me and came down smooth, from his face, chest and uhm `area` lol. I loved his smooth chest but it itched so much he hasn't done it since. I think I prefare him manly and hairy but its his choice, his body I can only give my preference.
    maryland1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2007, 02:15 PM
    Well I shave it off mostly for a sport and it feels much better

Mar 15, 2007, 06:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by rustynail
    based on the two that followed mine I stand corrected........thanks:)

It doesn't matter what you use as long as I don't get stubble burn on my face when I'm pleasuring you.:D
    Uber Member

Mar 15, 2007, 12:12 PM
    My wife likes me to shave down completely below the neck... I'm average type hairy naturally so I indulge her during the winter when I'm covered up in public and nobody will see, but keep the pubic area smooth year round since only she sees it except maybe the doctor. It only itches by the third day so the trick is kep it up before it gets to the itching point.
    DriveThru Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2007, 06:23 PM
    shaving is most utilized.

Trim your Pubic Hair
    To make this process easier, trim the genital area before applying the razor! You'll save blades this way. Electric razors, clippers (with safety guards) or scissors work well. To get a closer cut and avoid unwanted nicks, pull the hair up then trim away.

Soaking
    Take a long, warm bath beforehand. This softens coarse pubic hair and makes it easier to shave and style.

Lathering
    Apply shaving cream or gel to lather the pubic area. A thin layer of petroleum jelly will help with a closer shave. Soap doesn't make the best lather for pubic shaving. Note that some people may have allergic reactions to certain shaving cream.

Shaving
    There are many different ways to style your pubic hair. Think about it before you start and be as creative as you desire. It is recommended to shave the same way the hair grows. Avoid constantly stroking the same area during the shave because this may irritate the skin. Aim for two to three short strokes. Do stretch the skin to reach the difficult hairy spots.

Moisturizing
    Rinse, dry and moisturize the freshly shaven pubic area. Baby oil and Aloe Vera work well. It's best to avoid moisturizers that contain fragrances and colors, since this may cause irritation. You may also want to use baby powder for comfort.

The pubic area is sensitive and may take time to adjust to the razor. Shaving once a week is enough for your first month. Don't worry about a smooth shave the first month.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Pubic hair [ 23 Answers ]

Hi! I am now 14 and I am just wondering what guys lik better! Trimmed All of it gone Or what I don't no what to do :confused: :confused:

Shaving pubic hair? [ 44 Answers ]

Hey, I'm 15 and I've been thinking of shaving my pubes... I don't really like how hairy it is down there, I even have hair on my balls, is that normal? If I shave it is it true it will come back thicker and darker? Please reply :)

HELP! Pubic shaving rashes ICK! [ 4 Answers ]

OK I am totally desperate for some good advice here because this problem has been ongoing and totally frustating... so hia goes! OK I'm a young woman and have often shaved or waxed my pubic region for special occasions - usually its a trim to keep things neat - anyhow no matter what shaving...

Shaving pubic area? [ 5 Answers ]

What is the best way to get rid of pubic hair. Can I use just a razor, shave cream or oils? What about razor burn? Isn't the hair too course? I've always shaved with just a razor but Im afraid to use a razor for the whole area.

More about shaving your pubic hairs... [ 3 Answers ]

Hey... I am just 15 and I shaved my dick and balls for the first time the other night. I didn't really know what I was getting into, but I just think I wan't to let it grow out and not shave. But I am really worried about if it will be a lot longer than before or really dark or more bushy than...

View more questions Search