Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    leonletona Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2009, 02:17 PM
    30 day tenant notice by e-mail
    Is it legal to give notice that I will be vacating my rental via e-mail?
    MsMewiththat Posts: 854, Reputation: 136

Jan 5, 2009, 02:29 PM

I'm not certain that is sufficient. If your landlord accepts that then your fine, but I wo uld follow up with letter via postal service. Please also double check what is indicated in your lease. It may require that you do it via USPS.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 5, 2009, 05:00 PM

Spend the 42 cents and mail it instead. Emails have a bad habit of getting deleted without being read.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tenant 30 day notice [ 4 Answers ]

I know the California law is 30 days notice, but what if the landlord added to the lease "30 days notice from the 1st of the month." Is she allowed to override California law?

After a Tenant 30 Day Notice (CA) [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, There is a little bit of history to this question, and I'm not sure what parts are important, so I'll start from the beginning. (This is in California). Rather than try to make a full story I'll just list the important events. It's not as complicated as it looks, please read through. :)...

Notice to Tenant [ 1 Answers ]

I have a tenant in Fort Pierce, FL who is currently 2 months past due. Their lease expired in November of '06. The property management company stopped collecting payment from the tenants since the lease expired. They did not notify me that they would stop managing the property in November. I...

Notice to tenant [ 4 Answers ]

I received a 3 day notice to tenant. If I do not pay the rent do I need to vacate in three days or do I have thirty days?

View more questions Search