Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vetters75 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2009, 01:30 PM
    Aluminum Siding Loose
    Two rows of aluminum siding have come loose on the front of my house. They are still attached by the top of the part, but are flapping in the wind. Is there an easy way (without cutting) that I can reattach the siding? Please let me know.

Thanks!
    Yvette
    21boat Posts: 2,441, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jan 5, 2009, 02:01 PM

Yes there is a cheap special tool that we use in the field. It will may only be available at the siding supply House ( that's where we get ours). Big box may have it.

This tool looks like a very thin putty knife about 1" wide and slightly bent part way down and at the end its bent back over on its self a very small radius 90. What this does is get under the lip of the siding that's locks it to each other and you pull down on it so they can clip back together. If the siding is to loose and stretched after you clip back together use a aluminum finish soffit nail to keep the recliping together. You can try to pull down on the siding and re snap/clip it but the tool is what all siding prof uses and its cheap.

Signed 21 Boat

If I helped To Answer Your Question Please Rate My Answer

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Verdical viynil or aluminum siding [ 3 Answers ]

Where can I find 4 ft by 8 ft sheets of vertical siding?

Aluminum House Siding [ 4 Answers ]

I recently read somewhere that aluminum siding shouldn't be painted over. Our home is older and has aluminum siding, I noticed today that the siding HAS been painted over (obviously before we moved here) and the paint is beginning to peel in small areas. Can we scrape the loose paint flakes off and...

Aluminum Siding on a Rental Property [ 1 Answers ]

Can directv coaxial cable stapled or nail cause damage to aluminum siding when professionally installed?? :

Loose aluminum siding [ 1 Answers ]

My 50 yr old siding is in good condition, but there are places where the end of a piece has bulged or popped slightly. Also, the base of very bottom row tends to be loose from the house. This allows critters inside. How do I secure them? Tank you.

View more questions Search