Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    FrederickRM Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2006, 11:35 AM
    Replaced Shower valve problem
    This SHOULD have been simple...

I replaced HOT and COLD valves and the DIVERTER on 2 showers. They were old and needed to go. Great care was taken to match and get the proper replacements.

The COLD on each shower works well. The HOT leaks out the center post a bit in each shower.
    The DIVERTER does not work well at all. While it does send some water to the shower head a lot still goes to the bath spout. I pulled them both to check again and they are the correct units.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
    shunned Posts: 268, Reputation: 20

Jul 21, 2006, 08:48 PM
    Did you change the heart shaped gasket? That's if you have the ball type fuacet with two seats.

Naw, this is a tough thing to do, and anytime you go into an old fixture your bound to run into setbacks. I've completely ruined faucets trying to get the nut off behind the handle.

Do you have a diverter in the tub spout?
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Jul 21, 2006, 08:56 PM
    By any chance do you know the brand of the fucets that you worked on. If they happened to be Price Pfister there are some problems in installing the center stem that controls the water going to the shower head or the tub.
    About the hot water still leaking, did you change the seats in the body of the faucet. Sent more info and maybe someone can help you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shower and tub valve set [ 6 Answers ]

After having my last dilemna solved here, I figured it was worth another shot. We are attempting to pick out a shower valve for our shower stall. The one set that we like includes a tub faucet that we don't need as the space has a shower stall only, no tub. My question is... is it possible and...

Replaced shower drain [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I just cut a hole in my ceiling and replaced the shower drain. I used a plumber's putty on the top and locked in the washer on the bottom. Should I have used sealant at any spot on the install, or is the putty sufficient? After a day or so, I was able to tighten the nut more; is there...

Shower was leaking from handles/I replaced and now it won't work [ 2 Answers ]

I purchased a replacement kit for a shower with leaking handles. I made sure to buy the same bonnets and seats. I changed everything out. Now it does not work at all. No water comes out of the shower head. The diverter does not leak at all but the water comes out of the shower handles only. I...

Replaced Main Water Line, Now Shower Line Is Clogged [ 3 Answers ]

We had a leak, so we had the water line and sewage line from the house to the street replaced. Now we have no water in the shower. Some debris most have clogged up the line coming into the shower. All the other lines are fine. My Dad is somewhat of a handyman and wants to fix the problem...

Shower valve [ 3 Answers ]

Tom, how are you doing? Can you explain all of the differences to me between a thermostatic water valve and a pressure regulated valve, and which one would be the best to use for my new shower for temp. control. I want to avoid those WOWs when someone turns on water somewhere else in the house....

View more questions Search