Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ToAoT Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2009, 12:19 AM
    Gift of Discernment? Seeing the future? Speaking in Tounges?
    Okay I am really confused and I hope you don't think I am crazy so first off I am going to give my bio really quickly. I was raised in the Church and I believe in God, but I had issues with the actual church and the way the Bible is altered left and right ( I used to work in a Christian book store ). I was seven years in the making. My mom was unable to have children and after 7 years of pray I was conceived. I am not straight either I do not know what you may think about that, but I know God loves me for me and I am not perfect and no one is. When I 5 or 6 I used to watch the 700 club and spoke in tongues a lot. My parents encouraged it since the church they went to was very much into it. When I was about 11 I spoke in tongues again this time in front of the whole Church over a girl about my age. There was a visiting Pastor named Nevers Mumba from Africa. He told me at that time I had a huge gift and gave me a book to read about it. What I tried to tell him was that I was actually seeing the future and experiencing very weird things. He told me it was all part of the gift God gave me. I ve seen demons and spirits I guess. I ve even physically struggled with one on a single occasion. From time to time when I am in bed I feel as if something has gotten into bed with me. I was told that was just the presence of God with me and that comforted me, but since I have lived on my own multiple people have seen a presence around me, and I am feeling things around total strangers like I know something about them bad or good. I also know things before they happen. IE getting a job, where I will live, where an event will happen. Its really starting to frighten me. Is what I have all a hype from the Church? I would like to know I have been sleepless for a few nights now. I do not want to tell anyone since I am afraid they will think I am looking for attention or that I am nuts. I can't go to the church since I am gay , and the other side makes me feel uncomfortable. Anyone else feel like this or experience similar things?:confused:
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 5, 2009, 06:01 AM

The power of God shows its self to various people in many ways. For myself some seem to almost worship the spirit to one extreme, and others do not admit or want to see its power to the other extreme.

Also merely living in sin does not mean you are not used by God, many of the great prophets from the old testements committed untold sins David for example had someone killed so he could have his wife. But yet he wrote some of the best parts of the Old Testement.

So you being a sinner is one issue, the gifts are another.

They are gifts from God, if they are used for good and if they do not go against the teachings of the bible.
    But a force or presence may be not of God that is fighting the good.
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Jan 5, 2009, 12:23 PM

Since you are an admitted homosexual and I believe what the bible says about that lifestyle, I would have serious reservations about telling you that it is God speaking to or through you. I would tend to believe that the other is trying to use you.
    ToAoT Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2009, 11:11 PM
    Have you really read the Bible? Have you researched how many times it has been altered? I worked in a Christian bookstore in 2005 and there were 80 different versions of the Bible not languages but in different verbiage. I researched did you know that King James changed a passage meaning adulterous to homosexual? I am not here to argue though. Because I am a gay I do not think God hates me or won't still use me as the for mentioned by Fr_Chuck I am just confused as what I am supposed to do with this gift?

As far as being gay goes I have gone to therapists and Pastors to become un-gay until one day I realized I can't and God made me the way he made me, and he loves me. But I won't just let my word alone stand for it. :) read the last portion and see what you think. Please comment I would like to know.

- Toaot -

n our Judeo-Christian society, the documents collectively known as the Bible serve as the primary guide on most issues. It is interesting that many Christians take literally the references to homosexual acts, while interpreting other text with great flexibility. One person reported listening to a nationally-known woman speak in her campaign against homosexuality. She spent quite a bit of time quoting impressively from Leviticus. The listener accepted much of what the speaker said until he realized that, by Levitical standards, the crusader herself had broken many biblical laws – she spoke in church (1 Corinthians 14:34), she taught men (1 Timothy 2:12), she was wearing a dress made of cotton and polyester (Deuteronomy 22:11), and others of which he was probably unaware.

What does the Bible really say about homosexuality? Actually, very little. Most significantly, Jesus said nothing at all. Considering the relatively small amount of attention the Bible pays to the subject, we must ask ourselves why this is such a volatile issue. Other subjects about which the scriptures say a great deal (e.g. judgment, pride, hypocrisy) receive much less passionate attention. Before looking at specific passages, it is important to note that everyone understands the scriptures based on, and through, the light of what they have been taught. The Bible was not written in a cultural void, and many of its instructions and laws are simply classified as less relevant today (e.g. prohibition against eating pork).

Nowhere does the Bible actually address the idea of persons being lesbian or gay. The statements are, without exception, directed to certain homosexual acts. Early writers had no understanding of homosexuality as a psychosexual orientation. That truth is a relatively recent discovery. The biblical authors were referring to homosexual acts performed by persons they assumed were heterosexuals.

The Sodom Story

A chief text used to condemn homosexuality is the Sodom story (Genesis 19:1-29), often interpreted as showing God's abhorrence of homosexuality. In the story, two angels, in the form of men, are sent to the home of Lot in Sodom. While they are there, the men of the city “both young and old, surrounded the house - everyone without exception” and demanded that the visitors be brought out “so that we might know them.” (Genesis 19: 4-5) Lot begged the men to leave his guests alone and take his daughters instead. The men of the city became angry and stormed the door. As a result, they were all struck blind by the angels.

There are several problems with the traditional interpretation of this passage. Whether the intent of the men of Sodom was sexual, the inhospitality and injustice coming from the mob, and that generally characterized the community, were “the sin of Sodom.” (Ezekial 16:49-50, Isaiah 13:19, Jeremiah 49:18; 50:40) Jesus himself refers to the inhospitality of Sodom. (Luke 10:10-13) If the men were indeed homosexuals, then why would Lot offer them his daughters? What is threatened here is rape. The significant point, then, is that all rape is considered horrible by God. The story deserves another reading.

It should be noted that not all of the men of Sodom could have been homosexual or there would have been no need to destroy them. If they had all been homosexuals, they would have all died off leaving no heirs. Quite likely, they were a mixed group of evil men attempting to be abusive to people who were different. Ironically, lesbian and gay people are often the victim of that same sin.

Although the traditional interpretation of the Sodom story fails as an argument against homosexuality, there are several other Old Testament passages that do condemn homosexual acts. Again, it should be noted that these passages do not deal with same-sex orientation nor is there any reference to genital love between lesbian or gay persons.

Homosexual Acts

Of thousands of Old Testament passages, only two make explicit reference to homosexual acts: Leviticus 18:22 and Leviticus 20:13. Both of these passages are a part of the Levitical holiness code, which is not kept by any Christian group. If it was enforced, almost every Christian would be excommunicated or executed. It has been logically argued that science and progress have made many of the Levitical laws irrelevant. For example, fundamentalist author Tim LaHaye states that, although Levitical laws prohibit intercourse during menstruation, medical authorities do not view it as harmful, and, therefore, it should not be viewed as sinful. He further explains, “Those laws were given 3,500 years ago before showers and baths were convenient, before tampons, disinfectants and other improved means of sanitation had been invented.” (The Act of Marriage, p.275) With that, LaHaye makes this law irrelevant and rightly so. Ironically, though, in his book, The Unhappy Gay, the Levitical laws are one of the chief cornerstones of his arguments. Much of the holiness code is now irrelevant for us as moral law. Thus, having children, which was of exceptional importance to the early Hebrews, is now made less relevant by overpopulation, just as the prohibition against eating pork and shellfish has been made irrelevant by refrigeration.

The Bible never addresses the issue of homosexual love, yet it does have several beautiful examples of same-sex love. David's love for Jonathan was said to exceed his love for women. (2 Samuel 1:26) Ruth's relationship with Naomi is an example of a deep, bonding love, and Ruth’s words of covenant to Naomi are often used in heterosexual wedding ceremonies. (Ruth 1:16-17) The Bible clearly values love between persons of the same sex.

Jesus' Attitude

In the New Testament there is no record of Jesus saying anything about homosexuality. This ought to strike us as very odd in light of the great threat to Christianity, family life and the American way that some would have us believe homosexuality is. Jesus saw injustice and religious hypocrisy as a far greater threat to the Realm of God.

Episcopal priest Dr. Tom Horner has written that the Gospels imply in two places that Jesus' attitude toward lesbians and gays would not have been hostile. (Jonathan Loved David, p. 122) The first is found in the story of Jesus healing the Centurion's servant. (Matthew 8:5-13) The word used for the servant is “pais,” which in the Greek culture referred to a younger lover of an older, more powerful or educated man. Clearly, the story demonstrates an unusually intense love, and Jesus' response was wholly positive.

The other hint of Jesus' attitude is seen in his comments about eunuchs. (Matthew 19:10-12) Jesus opposed divorce in opposition to the abuses experienced by women. It is in the context of marriage that Jesus said “some eunuchs were born so; others had been made eunuchs and still others choose to be eunuchs for the Kingdom's sake.” Jesus' remarks about celibacy and castration are clear, but a male child being born without testicles is a rare birth defect. It is only in our day that the Kinsey Institute has demonstrated that sexual orientation is likely determined prior to birth. It could well be that those to whom Jesus refers as being “born eunuchs” are the people we call lesbian or gay.

Jesus' attitude toward eunuchs differed greatly from the fundamentalist Pharisees of his day. To them, eunuchs should have been excluded from the covenant and barred from worship and participating in the community of faith. Jesus' graceful approach to eunuchs is beautifully pictured in the promise of the prophecy of Isaiah, “To the eunuchs...I will give them an everlasting name that will not be taken away.” (56:4-8)

In Jesus' day there were three types of persons called eunuchs: celibates, those who were slaves and were castrated so that children would not be born to them, and those who were “born eunuchs,” or homosexuals. Royal and wealthy households used castrated slaves to work with and guard the concubines and female slaves. However, when assigning slaves to female members of the royal family, they would choose homosexual slaves. With female members, the concern was not just unwanted pregnancies but also rape.

It is against this background that we must read the story found in Acts 8:26-40. In this passage, the Holy Spirit sends Philip the Deacon to witness to and baptize an Ethiopian eunuch of Queen Candace of Ethiopia. One of the earliest converts to Christianity was a person excluded for sexual reasons from the Old Testament community.

Paul's References

Paul's statement in Romans 1:18-32 has been taken as the strongest New Testament rejection of homosexuality. He is concerned about the influence of the pagan culture on the Roman Christians. After giving a detailed description of a world that “exchanged the truth of God for a lie and worshipped and served created things rather than the Creator,” he continues, “Therefore, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lusts for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men and received in themselves the due penalty of their perversion.”

A complete reading of these passages, in their original context, clearly shows that what Paul was actually referring to was homosexual temple prostitution, which was performed by various cults (though far more cults used heterosexual prostitution). Again, Paul is not referring to same-sex love, and he clearly has no concept of persons for whom this lifestyle is “natural.”

Paul's other reference to homosexual acts in 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 is similar to 1 Timothy 1:8-11. These two passages contain lists of persons to be excluded from the Realm of God. The interpretation of these passages depends on two Greek words that have always presented a problem for translators. In the King James Version, they are translated “effeminate” and “abusers of themselves with mankind.” In the Revised Standard Version, they were combined and rendered as “homosexuals,” however, these are not the Greek words for homosexual, so these translations reflects the scholars' bias. The New International Version illustrates the difference in these two words by translating them “male prostitute” and “homosexual offenders.” The Jerusalem Bible uses the terms “catamites and “sodomites.” Catamites were youth kept especially for sexual purpose, who were usually paid large sums of money. Neither passage refers to persons of same-sex orientation but to people who used their sexuality for personal gain.

The Love of Christ

Jesus did a great deal to change many social customs and ideas. He elevated the position of women, and, ultimately, they were his best and most faithful disciples. He did this by example and by commandments that were absolutely inclusive of the rights of all people. Yet, in the name of the Christ whose love encompassed all, the Church has been the most homophobic of all institutions. This should not be surprising when we realize that the Church is still the largest institution which is primarily racially segregated.

The final, and central, message of the New Testament is that ALL persons are loved by God so much that God's Son was sent as a means of redemption from a disease by which we are all afflicted. The cure for this disease cannot be found in any set of actions. Neither homosexuality nor heterosexuality is redemptive. God's love through Christ was given to all people.
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Jan 6, 2009, 12:57 PM

Perhaps you should read through this thread over on the Christianity forum
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/christ...ue-298544.html
    There was a really long discussion on this subject and Gods view on Homosexuality. Believe it, don't believe it, your choice. However there is no where in the bible where it states that God used a sinner for any of the gifts of the Holy Spirit you have described. So my only option left is exactly what I said.
    TexasParent Posts: 378, Reputation: 73

Jan 6, 2009, 01:09 PM

I think the gift of discernment is the ability to spot BS, and I can tell you there is a bunch of it in this thread.
    Akoue Posts: 1,098, Reputation: 113
    Ultra Member

Jan 6, 2009, 10:44 PM

Since the only sinless person mentioned in the Bible is Jesus, I would have to disagree with 450donn: Anybody, other than Jesus, who received the gifts of the Holy Spirit was a sinner.
    Alder Posts: 342, Reputation: 71

Jan 6, 2009, 10:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by 450donn View Post
    However there is no where in the bible where it states that God used a sinner for any of the gifts of the Holy Spirit you have described.
    But on the flip side, the Pharasees called Jesus a sinner and said He could not get His power from God because He performed healings on the sabbath. Which just goes to show you should be careful whom you judge to be a "sinner." ;)

Anyway, I agree with the African minister. It does sound as though you have a very powerful gift. The gift came from God. How else? The gift is a part of you, and God made you. When God made Michael Phelps, he gave him the gift of size 18 feet. Had Phelps never gotten in a swimming pool, he might have wondered why God made him so "deformed." God made you with a really huge spiritual sense. So how do you find your swimming pool? How do you find the perfect place for you to be, where your unusual ability will in fact be a gift, to serve you in your work in serving others, for the glory of God? Pray to Jesus to show you that path, and then be silent and listening in your prayer. You may also consider praying that Jesus send you a good teacher, be it a human teacher or some kind of angelic guide (at least one of each would be ideal), to train you in your gifts.

When you say "the other side" makes you uncomfortable, are you referring to what could loosely be called New Age spirituality? I didn't know we were a side. ;) What is this, a football game? Anyway, some kinds of discipline, like meditation, don't belong to any "side." They are just exercises. People with all kinds of gifts from God, medical or musical or athletic or oratic, need to train their gifts if they are to use them to the full potential. These are talents, like in the parable of the talents. God wants us to put our gifts to use and do good in the world with them, not bury them in the ground. As long as you always frame the intention of your work as, "I am going to use my gift to do XYZ, as it be the will of God." Your gifts can bring people healing, guidance, and faith.

In our culture, it's not easy to grow up either gay or psychic (or "gifted" as you would language it). In both cases, you feel like you have to hide your true nature, your feelings, or be accused of being evil or crazy. That's not your problem, though. It's the culture's problem. And though lots of people are uncomfortable with such things, there are lots of other people who are not, who will be willing to accept you for being you.

Blessings.
    cozyk Posts: 802, Reputation: 125

Jan 12, 2009, 06:16 PM

From Toaot - I can't go to the church since I am gay , and the other side makes me feel uncomfortable. Anyone else feel like this or experience similar things?

I'm sorry your church is so backward and ill informed.
    Live your life and be proud of your gifts and who you are.

What? Do they have a "no gays allowed" sign out by the church?
    They only accept people they judge to be perfect?
    This church is a disgrace.
    beloved12 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2009, 05:33 PM
    You may have several spiritual gifts. If the gift of discernment of spirits is one of them, and you feel uneasy about a certain spiritual presence, it is because it is a demonic/fallen angel's presence. Christians, like all humanity, have sinned, and continue to sin. Christians, however, are saved by the grace of God, and are given faith in the blood of Jesus to pay for their sins. A major characteristic of a Christian is love for God, and love for others, including wanting the highest good for oneself. If we are born again by the indwelling Spirit of God, we should see Him working in our life to sanctify us. We don't make ourselves holy, Jesus works in us through the Holy Spirit, to bring us to the truth, and we get set free from sin, step by step, as we are made able to yield to Him. We can open ourselves up to the evil one through practicing sin, unforgiveness, rebellion or unrepentance, and also, Satan is a liar, and will sometimes attack when he has no right to. God showed me after many years that certain things I was doing were wrong, and I have repented. We should not leave a door open for the evil one to attack us. The gifts and calling are irrevocable, gifts are present in spite of sin, so don't think homosexuality is acceptable. Repent, agree with God, trust Him and be truly free.
    beloved12 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

You may have several spiritual gifts. If the gift of discernment of spirits is one of them, and you feel uneasy about a certain spiritual presence, it is because it is a demonic/fallen angel's presence. Christians, like all humanity, have sinned, and continue to sin. Christians, however, are saved by the grace of God, and are given faith in the blood of Jesus to pay for their sins. A major characteristic of a Christian is love for God, and love for others, including wanting the highest good for oneself. If we are born again by the indwelling Spirit of God, we should see Him working in our life to sanctify us. We don't make ourselves holy, Jesus works in us through the Holy Spirit, to bring us to the truth, and we get set free from sin, step by step, as we are made able to yield to Him. We can open ourselves up to the evil one through practicing sin, unforgiveness, rebellion or unrepentance, and also, Satan is a liar, and will sometimes attack when he has no right to. God showed me after many years that certain things I was doing were wrong, and I have repented. We should not leave a door open for the evil one to attack us. The gifts and calling are irrevocable, gifts are present in spite of sin, so don't think homosexuality is acceptable. Repent, agree with God, trust Him and be truly free.
    beloved12 Posts: 1, Reputation: 3

N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 12, 2009, 09:58 AM

OP seems to be confusing words and meanings for one thing.
    WilliamChanges Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2010, 10:42 AM
    Well, I want to help you because I've been where you are.

As far as spiritual gifts goes, it sounds like you were raised in a pentacostal church. Run the hell away from that. Look for a biblically charismatic church, one that is true to biblical doctrine and nothing else, and believes, accepts, encourages and needs the gifts. There you will find the Spirit of Christ resonating.

As a child I was healed of cystic fibrosis after being born out of wedlock, so I know what it's like to feel as if God has a special purpose on your life. He has been more than kind to me, far more than often. He loves you, and He loves me, more than we could ever imagine. First of all, rest in that. Believe that, know that, trust that above all else, and love him back.

Now, for the gifts: it's pretty obvious that you have a prophetic tongues gifts, probably a private prayer language as well, and a prophetic gift and some serious discernment as well. I can attest only to discernment, but I believe that's all I need to for this thread. Whomever told you that the prescence that comes into bed with you is God is so riding the fence of heresy and blasphemy so far that I would be careful to ever listen to them again. You can sense the difference between God's prescence and demonic prescenses, and only succubi or incubi (as easterners call them) would come against you while in bed to seduce you. It has happened to me and friends of mine. They're always demonic, and they'll never tell you that. Whenever God commences conversation, he always says it's Him, tells you to not be afraid or does something so that you'll know it's him. He does not get in bed like someone trying to rape you.

I have discernment, not quite excercised to your experience's extent, but I have felt demons working through false prophets before. It is a sickening, repulsive, dark, gross feeling that actually tries to convince you that you're supposed to be feeling that way, and that you should give in to the darkness. I could feel tension rising in the room, and every time it crested the man spoke to me, saying all kinds of twisted and unscriptural things that I could just see in his face that he believed, wholeheartedly. That's demonic, and the reason it feels so bad is that God is allowing you to feel the true nature/essence of what you're dealing with so that you can accurately deal with it; i.e.: help people, speak out against heresy, cast out demons, etc.

As far as people seeing a prescence around you, be wary of what they see: when moses came down from mt. sinai his face shone with glory from the presence of God, but as well many people can see evil in the eyes or in the prescense of others. It's not a literal sight, but a "mind's eye" (spiritual) sight that they see. Pay attention to the vibes you feel in the air, your spiritual position of the day, whether you feel oppresssed or not, where God is leading you, etc. It could be that someone is discerning you so that you can be relieved of the oppression that comes against you at night. (When I was little I had terrifying recurring nightmares where I could feel prescences, evil ones, taking on inanimate life-forms and dead things to scare me. Totally demonic, and only when I pray that God would protect me as I slept would I sleep peacefully and wake refreshed, thankful and joyous to Jesus.)

I hate saying this, because it's so trite: prophetic gifts just take getting used to. You can see into the spiritual world. Pray that God will direct you and comfort you in those gifts, and that he will teach you how to use them as He would have you use them, in love and for the benefit of others, and mainly, the exaltation of Christ Jesus.

As far as your orientation: there's enough opinion out there, even in this thread, to make you want to kill yourself, probably. Homosexuality is a sin, just as much as the pornography that I've been addicted to ever since I've become a Christian. I am now repenting harder than ever and doing it less, but I'm still losing every now and then. I have come to learn that this is the best way of dealing with and understanding God's heart in regard to your sin: "...nor do I condemn you. Go and sin no more." Focus daily on the grace and love of God, the Gospel of Christ above, not even your sin, but your sexual drive, your passions and your loves. Look at Him above all else, and He will direct you as you are to go.

And above all else, the resounding Word of God throughout the Bible says to His beloved: Do Not Be Afraid. God is for you, and all that you are experiencing, all of reality is working in perfect accord with the Glorious counsel of His Will. He loves you, and if he has brought you to salvation, he will bring you through sanctification, through your fears and failures, side by side, and he will bring you home.

-Will
    dragonkinsoul Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2010, 09:36 AM
    In how I answer is how I beleve. Male or female is not nessesarily a finite thing, especially in flesh. A person's spirit can be masculine or feminin, and it can land in a male or female, or hermafradidic body. The attractions you feel for male of female are not sinful as long as they are truthful and not lusting. It is actually true that a spirit that is male-based can land in a body that is female, or the reverse. Each gift has it's perpose. If you understand it and know how to use it correctly, than you choose weather or not the gift is good or bad, no matter who gave it. Good can be used for evil, just as evil can be used for good. Gift or otherwise. I myself can speak in a tongue, I do not really know what it is called, and I have not yet found someone who understands it, but I know what I say, and even if I found someone else who could speak it, I wouldn't be able to translate it off another persons tongue. I also have a deep feeling that it is an old language that is no longer spoken. I can also feel things about people, good, bad, and sometimes spiritual things. I can sometimes sense things that seem not to be in the corporial world. I have also fought with some things that are not supposed to be on this plane of existence yet. You are not alone in many ways, yet if you seek the answers you will eventually find them. I know the bible does not say what it once did. There are also supposed to be more books, and much has been lost in translation. I have to go, but if I can find this thread later, I will type more.
    ilikethevikings Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2010, 01:47 AM

Sorry about some of the other responses. I suppose if you put something online like this your going to get some jerks trying to preach. I found your question online because I just resently had some experiences just like you described. I was sleeping and I opened my eyes only to see a homeless man with the most evil eyes you ever seen staring at me. I didn't realize it was a spirit and try to tackle him so he would go after my wife after a 10 second struggle he was gone I really could see that well but I know that I wrestled something that wasn't there. What I do know forsure is that it was a demon. I think this is linked to your desernment. Oh and I to have seen the future. You and I share a lot in comon I would be interested in hearing form you some time? But for all that I don't know about this I do know this that god is a protector and that you should get another christian or two and pray athority over your apartment or house. Pray something like this: in the name and they athority of jesus christ I tell any demon or spiritual entitty that is not of god. That it most leave this place never to return or torment me again. And then ask god to put is blood as a hedge of protection around your apartment etc. I can also garrenty that it is not an angel of god that is crawling in to bed with you. Your ability to decern should tell you that this is not of god. God does not come to scare people. I found this article on line and sense its not scripture it should be taken with a grain of salt but a lot of it sounds simialor to what I have had happen to me. Check it out. Discerning of Spirits - A Spiritual Gift
    TheWord29 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2010, 09:55 AM
    I hate to see people take Gods' word and use it to benefit your own agenda. Regardless of how you want to "interpert" the passages in the Bible; God word is true and can't be changed. The reason why you struggle with the word is because you don't love yourself or your choice to be gay. You feel the "church" is out to get you or judges you but you are condemed by your own convictions of being gay. One woman, one man, period. True, people in the Bible changed God's law but that why he had to be the Savior he is and save us from ourselves. He knew you would need to be saved before you were even fashioned. Honestly, you need a "real encounter" with the Lord, you have been lead astray. You see those gifts the Lord gave you are trying to be free but your held under bondage by lust and lies. Free your mind, yield your will, repent, turn away from your past life and walk in new life. Get rid of the garbage so Christ can live through you and then maybe you won't be so afraid. God has not given us a spirit of fear.
    firstbro11 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2010, 07:55 PM
    Hi my name is david and I'm in similar situation. I am able to see spirits as well and even try to help people with it. Though I can't hear them I at times get flashes in my head of what they are trying to tell me. I'm also gay myself which is confusing cause they say this "gift" is from god who hates gay people. Recently my "gift" has become more accurate I'm able to see future events and be on point with it. I've seen angels and few demons. It is scary at times and annoying cause I can't stay in public places for to long without seeing spirits who get my attention. I really need someone to talk to but no one understands me or know where I'm coming from. I haven't met anyone like me yet and kind of feeling alone in this. There are some parts of the bible I have problems with regarding to homosexuality and it being a sin. I have this feeling of it being made up and added in the bible out of spite. I don't know if is just me but if you like I really would like to talk to you please I really need someone like me to talk to. If you could email me at [email protected] that would mean so much to me. Thanks
    riccaro Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2010, 10:53 PM
    God loves everyone - your interest is beginning to be awakened and realizing there may be more to this life and thinking outside of the box - metaphysical teachings may sprite your attention and thinking.
    bsaontheloose Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2011, 04:04 PM
    I perceive you can see a lot and I believe you are gifted in discernment because of your awareness your prophetic ability.

You are actually strong in the spirit, though the church would disagree, but can see into the future.

You are able to prophesy for things to come to pass, very cool gift. I see that you are a seer which is someone who has heightened sight in the spirit. You have visions and God wants to help you recognize them from him because you have been tempted to seek guidance from unhealthy people.
    Blessings

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Spiritual gift of discernment [ 34 Answers ]

My pastor told me I may have the spirit of discernment.Because I can say something and it happens. I can have a dream and it happens. I may have a feeling about someone and it turns out to be real. Can anyone tell me if they have it and what they feel or how they feel. I'm so confused because...

My son is not speaking [ 16 Answers ]

My son is almost 2 and 1/2 and only says 4 words. He's a very happy little boy, he's also intelligent and likes to be around other people but when I see other children I worry that he's not developing the same way as them. He was also a very late walker, he walks fine now. Someone told me he could...

Using future value of single amount, future value of annuity table. [ 0 Answers ]

Hello, my question is how do you know when to use the Future of value of single amount table, and when to use the future value of annuity table?

Speaking in Tounges [ 9 Answers ]

Where in the bible does it say that it is required to have the gift of tounges to enter into heaven?

Speaking in public [ 4 Answers ]

Hello all, I have to do a reading at my sisters wedding next week and had the practice run tonight. This is a real challenge for me and I want to do well for my sister. I am generally nervous in such situations and during the practice run was very tense and found breathing and being natural...

View more questions Search