Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    minnguy67 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2009, 10:00 PM
    Wiring a ceiling fan with remote control
    I am installing a Harbor Breeze ceiling fan with a remote control. The trouble I'm having is with the remote receiver. There are two wires that connect to the home wiring a white and a black wire. I know they connect to the white and black home wire, but I also have a home wire that is red, and I do not know what this wire connects to in regards to the remote receiver. We previously had a ceiling fan that was controlled by two separate light switches, and for the lights and one for the fan, if this helps any in answering my question. :confused:

PEACE
    minnguy67 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2009, 10:03 PM

I for got to add. There is also a bare copper wire coming from my ceiling, and this is the ground, so I know the red wire is not ground.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Jan 6, 2009, 04:04 PM

If you connect the black receiver wire to the black wire, the fan switch will control it. If you connect it to the red wire the light switch will control it.

Ceiling fan wiring - Ceiling Fans N More

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ceiling fan remote control wiring help? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi We just bought an Aloha Breeze remote control fan. We put it up as directed as we have put up several fans in the past. This is our first try at one with a remote. The fan came with a hand held remote and the receiver. The wiring diagram that came with it is hard to see and there are no precise...

Wiring a remote control ceiling fan [ 4 Answers ]

We are trying to install a Hampton Bay remote control ceiling fan. There is a black and a white wire from the fan motor, and also a green ground wire. The wires coming from the ceiling are black, red and yellow. If the black goes to black, what color goes to the white from the fan motor? ...

Wiring a remote control ceiling fan [ 3 Answers ]

I would like to know how to wire a Harbor Breeze ceiling fan with a wireless remote, on a double switch. One switch turns the lights on and the other turns the fan on.

Wiring an add on remote control for a ceiling fan [ 6 Answers ]

I am pretty handy (for a girl) and consider myself pretty fan hanging savvy. That said here is the problem. I am attempting to hang a ceiling fan and also install a remote control that was bought separately. I have 2 switches on the wall, one turns the fan on and off, one controls/dims the lights...

Wiring a ceiling fan with remote control [ 5 Answers ]

I have existing wiring and switches in which the two ceiling fans with lights were controlled by a switch and so were the fans. I am replacing both with remote control fans. My problem now is that the remote sensor on each fan only has a black and a white wire and from the ceiling are a black,...

View more questions Search