Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sherrish53 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2009, 03:21 PM
    Student loans
    Do student loans have a statue of limitations?
    slowandeasy Posts: 353, Reputation: 14

Jan 4, 2009, 06:48 PM

Federal student loans do not have statues of limitations and they can not be discharged in bankruptcy
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 4, 2009, 06:57 PM

There are no statutes of limitations for student loans. They do this so you are forced to repay the loans. And the other poster was correct about not being dischargeable in bankruptcy proceedings either. You are basically stuck.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 4, 2009, 07:32 PM

No, as noted there are none, they can almost never be included in a bankruptcy and in some areas can garnish without further court action

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Student loans got the best of me? [ 1 Answers ]

I thought getting a degree in Nursing would set me free. The laugh is on me... I am in debt up to my ears with student loans. I wonder if there are any options out here for me??

Student loans [ 4 Answers ]

What can a person do if they consolidated a student loan with a spouse and later got divorced. The student loan is a stipulation in the divorce decree, but apparently can not be upheld in family court. The question is now that the ex spouse has not paid their portion from the divorce decree, they...

Student Loans [ 2 Answers ]

I have Canadian/Ontario Student loans that have been "sold" to debt collection agencies. I had somenegative experience with them (they were really rude when I wasn't paying) so I stopped taking their phone calls. Now they are threatening legal action. What is the statue of Limitations on this...

Student Loans [ 2 Answers ]

My total monthly bills add up to more than I make, now that my student loans have come out of forebearance. I really want to start paying them down but cannot afford the $160/ month they require. Before this last time I went on forbearance, I offered to pay $50 per month and the student loan...

Student Loans [ 14 Answers ]

I plan to move out of my parents house at the onset of this June. I plan to have a job by the end of June until mid August when I will relocate again to campus which I will attend for the next four years. I intend to enroll full time. Is there a way that I can do all this and get a loan for $20000...

View more questions Search