Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jennapbt Posts: 131, Reputation: 19

Jul 20, 2006, 11:33 PM
    Cutaneous Histiocytoma
    I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with histiocytomas. They are also known as button something, can't remember. They are basically small bumps that occur in dogs mainly. I believe they are known as unharmful tumors that will eventually go away. Was just wondering if anyone has experienced this in their pet.
    kriskstar Posts: 23, Reputation: 0

Jul 23, 2006, 12:27 PM
    Hi Jenna,
    The best thing you can do is have her spayed.
    Do you walk her at least 45 minutes every day? Dogs need lots of exercise, and time to release all their energy. It will help with the housetraining, and getting back into the routine of going outside.
    Also, please ask your Vet these questions, and get his/her advice.
    Here is some more info, if interested:
    I highly recommend a video by Ceaser Millan, a Professional Dog Behaviorist. He rehabilitates dogs, and trains people.

He has his own TV program, the Dog Whisperer, on the NGEO (National Geographic) channel, on Friday nights mainly, but also comes on some other days. This video is available from:
    http://www.dogpsychologycenter.com/
    I also ordered his new book, "Ceaser's Way", from Walmart online, around $15 US, and it's very good!

There are other good videos available on the web, but this one is really worth your attention.

Please take her to the Vet. It could be a urinary tract infection.
    Best of luck.
    jennapbt Posts: 131, Reputation: 19

Jul 23, 2006, 12:35 PM
    LOL!! Good advice I'll be sure to walk the Histiocytomas regularly. Although I know Cesar very well I don't think he would be able to treat these cutaneous formations. Some things are just beyond him. I took him into the vet to get a diagnosis I'll be sure to check and see if the small cells could be a uti oops or should I say urinary tract infection. LOL thanks. Hopefully with some proper behavior corrections the cutaneous histiocytomas will wonder away.
    kriskstar Posts: 23, Reputation: 0

Jul 23, 2006, 12:37 PM
    Glad I can help. Call me at (800) 555- help for any more help

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search