Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    irishbutterfly1979 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2006, 08:56 PM
    Selling my house during chapter 7
    I need to know if I can sell my house during a chapter 7 or if I have to wait until it's finalized. I am already 3 months behind on my payments and just filed 3 weeks ago. I also got a letter from a lawyers office saying that there was a creditors exam that I did not show up for and that there is a bench warrant being issued for my arrest. I never got anything telling me of this so called exam. Can they do that? Or are they trying to scare me? It's from an unsecured loan I got from my credit union.

Check out some similar questions!

Chapter 13, divorce and the house [ 1 Answers ]

Greetings! Here's my situation. I am 1 month away from divorce trial. I have been in Chapter 13 bankruptcy and made all my payments for the last 16 months. My duration is 42 months. My wife is the co-petitioner on the Ch 13. We were exempted $40,000 on the equity of our home. The current...

Selling home with chapter 13 [ 3 Answers ]

We are currently in a Chapter 13 bankruptcy and want to sell our home.. after we sell our home and payoff our mortgage we will home proceeds left.. but not enough to pay our entire Chapter 13 debt off... what happens to the proceeds from the sale and do they have to be applied to the plan? We will...

Chapter 7 and buying a house [ 8 Answers ]

I filed chapter 7 in May of 05 and was discharged in July of 05. I have been pre approved for a 171,000.00 house. I am trying to get a FHA loan with no money down and 100% financing. I haven't met with the mortgage folks yet but my question is will my chapter 7 prohibit me from getting this house....

Selling a house under a chapter 13 [ 3 Answers ]

My husband recently filed a chapter 13 in Ohio. Are we able to sell our house?

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.